WTS: TELE VUE 9MM NAGLER TYPE 6 EYEPIECE (Sold)

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
Bergkamp_
Favourite scope: Telescope that i can bring out

WTS: TELE VUE 9MM NAGLER TYPE 6 EYEPIECE (Sold)

Post by Bergkamp_ »

Mint Condition in Box.

Product Highlights

9mm Focal Length
82° Field of View
1.25" Diameter Barrel
Fully Multi-Coated Optics
7-Element/4-Group Lens Design
Slip-Resistant Textured Surface
Fold-Down Rubber Eyecup
Parfocal with Group 'B' Eyepieces

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... _17mm.html New USD$398

TELE VUE 9MM NAGLER TYPE 6 EYEPIECE
This 1.25-Inch Tele Vue 9 mm Nagler Type 6 Eyepiece is part of the great Nagler Series

Tele Vue Nagler Eyepieces:
"You may know there's a long history of naming eyepieces after their designers: Kellner, Erfle and Plossl, to name a few. In the late '70s I designed an eyepiece sufficiently radical that I dared attach my name to it. Even today, I must admit a little discomfort when talking about 'Nagler' eyepieces.

With 'Naglers,' my aim is to approach the wide angle perspective of naked eye vision, while maintaining the highest degree of sharpness, contrast, and viewing comfort. The goal is to allow the telescope to virtually 'disappear,' leaving the impact of 'spacewalk' viewing." -Al Nagler

Compare a penny to a half dollar to see the relative size between a 50-degree and 82-degree apparent field - almost 3 times the area difference! And while others boast of impressive apparent field sizes, Tele Vue's philosophy of "showing no field unless it's fine" stresses full field image quality as the ingredient for impressive views. Blackened lens edges, anti-reflection threads and rubber eye guards deliver maximum contrast. Adapter skirts for 2-inch focusers on larger 1.25-inch models (12 mm Nagler Type 4 and 22 mm Panoptic) and rubber grip rings are additional Tele Vue firsts. Even 2-inch/1.25-inch barrel models have an additional feature allowing the 2-inch extension tube (EBX-2120) to be screwed on, which permits use of 2-inch filters as well as 1.25-inch. 100-percent full field visual inspection on our own flat-field test instruments guarantees the performance of every Tele Vue eyepiece.

Tele Vue Nagler Type 6 Eyepieces: The 7-element, Nagler Type 6 design is based on the original patented Nagler design. This new 7-element design update for the short focal length Nagler deserves its own designation. Using different exotic materials, coating processes and design ingenuity, Al has massaged more eye-relief, contrast, and true field of view into the shorter focal length Naglers, while maintaining the absolute sharpness of the originals. Eye-relief is 12 mm on each model, and all are sized about the same as the original 7 mm! Weight about 0.4 to 0.5-pounds.

Tele Vue Note: The goal we set designing these new eyepieces was to increase contrast, maintain or increase eye-relief, reduce size and weight, and maintain the sharpness of the originals. They are all parfocal and great with the Bino Vue. We are confident we've succeeded on all accounts and look forward to your comments.

Contact me at 9457 0145, Wee Ern
For sale at $250.

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by Bergkamp_ on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Wee Ern aRmeD wiF Telescope reAdY tO taKe ovEr thE skY .. wIF jUst mY naKed eYEs .
Bergkamp_

Re: WTS: Tele Vue Nagler Type-6 9mm Eyepiece

Post by Bergkamp_ »

up =) [smilie=admire2.gif]
Last edited by Bergkamp_ on Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wee Ern aRmeD wiF Telescope reAdY tO taKe ovEr thE skY .. wIF jUst mY naKed eYEs .
Bergkamp_

Re: WTS: TELE VUE 9MM NAGLER TYPE 6 EYEPIECE

Post by Bergkamp_ »

Up =)
Bergkamp_

Re: WTS: TELE VUE 9MM NAGLER TYPE 6 EYEPIECE (Sold)

Post by Bergkamp_ »

Sold =)