Last call for 8" Portaball [SOLD]

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
RyoNpepper

Post by RyoNpepper »

A 5 YeaR Old wrote:
acc wrote: The mirror will get ruined sooner or later by well-intending students trying to give the mirror a good polish
my astro's club students wont dare to mess with the optics. So far, we have 6 scopes, none damaged by students. When cleaning, we use a cleaning brush. so thats an unfounded worry :)

buying it up and donating
well, my club wont mind an extra scope :P any nice guy out there?
Hi there,

I studied in BPGHS from 86~89(Still in Teck Whye). During that time, there's no such thing as the astronomy club. It's rather boring at that time. All we did is focus on study, and some traditional ECA such as Band.
Who actually started with this astro thingy? Any specific Teachers or students?

Can a former student like us use your club's equipment?? :lol:

Too bad you've a rather poor senior like me, else will donate a 16" ,at least ,to BPGHS! :wink:
QuantumGravity

Post by QuantumGravity »

Hi,

Our astro team started in the late 1990s (by students), so it's rather recent. And whether an alumni can use the equipment really depends. :|

Well, as for my school taking such a scope, i doubt it'll work. My school bought only 1 out of the 6 scopes we have (cheapo ya..) :) Hmm... anyway my school doesn't require a proposal, just some minor discussion and budget approval, then we're good to purchase.
Q
Administrator

Post by Q »

Please take note this thread is going off topic. Please stay within topic. Thanks!
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

Hey... dobs are good. I own the Orion XT8 scope (modified with better finders) and it is very simple to operate and has good optics. Also setting up is many times faster than all those go-to or scopes mounted on tripods. Also I feel the fun part of astronomy is finding the objects yourself and not relying on electronics to do it. Once I was stargazing and I talked to an 'ang mo' who was using a GoTo telescope. He used a GoTo because he just gave up in finding the fuzzy balls (DSO); I doubt he knows where the objects are and where his scope is pointing as he just keyed in the messier or NGC number and the scope auto finds the objects. It is the same as driving a manual car. There is a sense of accomplishment when you can use the manual car effectively. :)
AstroDuck
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

SOLD! :)
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
owm

Post by owm »

Time to update your signature :)

Hope Mooey enjoys his new scope and I should have gained a ton of karma points for what I did today :)
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Moeey!! First Light! First Light!!!

Oh wait. New Scope Curse is here. =|

Charlie
The gentle light of a distant galaxy
must needs pour into mine eye.
Or i shall with bent and turned,
fall me down, distraught..To die.
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Ya Weiming I can't believe you let the scope go; maybe the good karma will come in the form of more things for you to pick up :wink:

MooEy enjoy ur old scope! Hopefully there is no old scope curse... :)

cheers
cc
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

i must thank weiming for giving up the deal and letting me have it. he's so nice that he even drove me ard to fetch the cash. i guess ur karma just went up by 43631256425724674. anyway, gd luck on finding a nice deal.

eh eh, dun blame my scope for dunno wat bad weather, there's alot of new toys coming in this week wor. dunno how many binoviewer to play with. then got a big purchase by one of the instituition, heard their stuff arriving on wed.

~MooEy~
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Maybe we can have side-by-side comparo between Mo's new P8, Liu Ming's TMB 115, and my humble 7" Raycraft next week?