C8 OTA for Sale [SOLD]

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

C8 OTA for Sale [SOLD]

Post by acc »

I have a 'spare' C8 OTA (standard starbright coating) for sale. Scope is in excellent condition with a little dust on front corrector lens that can be easily cleaned off. US$480 + actual shipping to Sg, which by surface parcel post will take about a month and cost about US$50. Twice as fast and twice as expensive for airmail. Diagonal and visual back available separately. No bargaining pls.
Last edited by acc on Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

Wah.....Chee Chien, this is a super good deal, C8 and C5 price!, got some photos or not... ( singlish ). Spoil market, spoil market.

In singapore c8 seconds are traded at least $1100.
acc
Administrator

Post by acc »

Ok here are some pics. Comes with a carrying strap and a camera mount, as well as a dovetail bracket. The aluminium foil is a makeshift dust cover for the lobang where the diagonal usually goes. Ok it also now comes with a FREE 2" visual back so u can use all your standard 2" accessories. :)

I will throw in a celestron finder bracket and 8x50 finder for US$25, and a TeleVue 2" compression ring visual back for US$32. Or a BEAUTIFUL LNIB WO 2" SCT diagonal for US$120. Me trying to get rid of my accumulated astro stuff... :)

cheers
cc
Attachments
IMG_3340.JPG
IMG_3340.JPG (112.69 KiB) Viewed 2393 times
IMG_3338.JPG
IMG_3338.JPG (119.48 KiB) Viewed 2393 times
IMG_3341.JPG
IMG_3341.JPG (126.33 KiB) Viewed 2393 times
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

hi cc
thanks for all the good deals.. makes me almost wish for you to stay there permanently! but the desire for the good stuff from you in the US as great as the desire for you to come back and re-activate dempsey csn!! :lol:
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
acc
Administrator

Post by acc »

Hi Rich
Well its fun for me to play with all these astro toys :) Great scope with optics in excellent shape. Hopefully someone will buy it soon.

cheers
cc
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
RyoNpepper

Re: C8 OTA for Sale

Post by RyoNpepper »

acc wrote:I have a 'spare' C8 OTA (standard starbright coating) for sale. Scope is in excellent condition with a little dust on front corrector lens that can be easily cleaned off. US$480 + actual shipping to Sg, which by surface parcel post will take about a month and cost about US$50. Twice as fast and twice as expensive for airmail. Diagonal and visual back available separately. No bargaining pls.
Hi CC,

It's very tempting indeed! It's a bargain for those for want to upgrade from 5" like me. :D

Let me go bank check check first. :wink:

How's life back there? Turning cold isn't it?

Cheers!

Wu
acc
Administrator

Post by acc »

Yes, somebody buy this scope quick!! Not often you can get a C8 at this price in Sg :mrgreen: Included but not shown in the pics is a dovetail bar for mounting the scope. The dovetail bar and clamp alone is worth more than US$50.

And now, get my Burgess binoviewer + pair of Burgess 20mm WA eyepieces for US$170 if bought with this scope. Quick Quick!! Fai te! Mai Tu Liao!!

Email acchien@sbcglobal.net if u wanna buy.

:cheers:
cc

p/s Wu, yup the weather here is turning cold and it sucks... :lol: So cloudy I can't even see the full moon. Gotta drive inland to get clear skies.
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!