WTS: Borg 76ED with helical focuser and 2" VB

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
orly_andico

WTS: Borg 76ED with helical focuser and 2" VB

Post by orly_andico »

$500.

RFS, I got a Tak FS60C from a fellow member that meets my requirements for a small refractor.

WhatsApp/SMS me 87996632.

I also have some 80mm tube rings for it which I would include.
superiorstream

Re: WTS: Borg 76ED with helical focuser and 2" VB

Post by superiorstream »

Hi orly
Interested. Is the helical focuser borg and whats the part number., also the VS..... Visual back also a borg part and if so whats number.Condition?
If all are borg parts., pls reserves and I will contact you for metup.
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Hi
Just try phone you..... Can't
get through. Sold?
orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

Hi Chia,

Sorry I did see an incoming call but I didn't know who it was so didn't answer. Not yet sold although another gentleman messaged to me their interest, however I see that you had posted here first.

All of the parts are Borg. The helical focuser is the 7835. The visual back is the 7509 and there's a shim between the tube (7803 - it is black in colour) and the focuser, it's the 7801. Everything is black except the dew shield. This reaches focus with a 2" diagonal and most common eyepieces. It does not reach focus with a DSLR, but if you add a reducer/flattener (I tested the Televue TRF2008 and the Orion 2" 0.8x) it does reach focus (barely..) with a DSLR.

I can't find the rings unfortunately (they were no-name 3rd party 80mm rings). I was actually using the Tak FS60 clamshell for this Borg but I'm keeping the clamshell for my FS60C.

Condition I would say is 8/10 except the dew shield which looks 7/10 (there is some wear on the "Borg Oasis Studio" decals). Actually I got the dew shield and lens/lens cell from Yahoo Japan Auctions and bought everything else from tan14 (this was some years back).
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Hi Orly
Thanks for the reply.
Pls reserve for me. I will call you today or tomorrow latest for metup..... Or you can indicate
a time for me to call you.
Metup location...... Mrt Station prefered.
Thanks.
orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

Sold to Mr Chia. Thanks.