WTS: Book - Collins Atlas of the Night Sky - SOLD OUT

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
swimaniac

WTS: Book - Collins Atlas of the Night Sky - SOLD OUT

Post by swimaniac »

Hi

I have a Collins Atlas of the Night Sky for sale at $11.

This book is brand new. This is on sale at Borders for $15.95 (original price is $40+ if I am not wrong) and if you buy 2 books, the third one is free. I bought 3 of these books anticipating someone here might need a night sky atlas. I paid $31.90 for 3 books and have 1 spare.

Anyone?

I can bring it to tomorrow's ob session at the East Coast or if you live around Kembangan, you can collect it at my place in the evenings. Alternative is Woodlands during office hours.
Last edited by swimaniac on Fri May 02, 2008 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swim or Sink
hommel

Post by hommel »

Pse reserve for me if its not taken. [smilie=bye2.gif]

If its mine, i'll collect from yr place say on thu or fri?
starfinder

Post by starfinder »

This is a very good star atlas (the A4 size one). Excellent charts for each constellation with narratives on objects, plus more charts for broad areas of the sky.

I can't imagine why Borders would sell it at $15.95, let alone 3 for the price of 2.

I got mine about 2 years ago for $40+. Even at $15.95 its a bargain.

Only downside is that its a bit heavy as its a hardcover book.
swimaniac

Post by swimaniac »

I am getting quite a few enquiries for this book. Maybe I should do a mass order if the book is still available.

So........ anyone still interested in this book, please confirm in this thread and I will godown to Borders and get them. remember it is only cost effective if it is in multiples of 3.

I will close "orders" on Friday 2 May at 3.00pm. collection of book will be at either Kembangan in the evenings or Woodlands during office hours.

Cannot promise that the atlas will still be available. It all depends on the stock level at Borders Parkway Parade.
Swim or Sink
Area503

Post by Area503 »

ME!!! would really appreciate it if u could get one for me... still stuck in school studying for exams... [smilie=bad-atmosphere.gif]
swimaniac

Post by swimaniac »

Orders update

1) Area503
2) Kochu
3)
Swim or Sink
duckvader

Post by duckvader »

Me too please... thanks!!

Orders update

1) Area503
2) Kochu
3) duckvader
swimaniac

Post by swimaniac »

Hi

Just went down to Borders Parkway and theyare all out of the Night Sky Atlas - SOLD OUT. Somebody else must have sniffed out the great offer as well.

I checked with Borders at Orchard and they still have about 15 books but at $15.95 each. No 3 for 2 offers though.

As Orchard is a bit out of the way for me and not too convenient, I WILL NOT be getting the Atlas. Those still interested can pick it up at Borders Orchard.

Sorry this did not turn out well. My apologies.
Swim or Sink
rlow

Post by rlow »

This is really a superb guidebook with general (colour-coded) star maps to 6.5 magnitude and individual constellation star maps to 7.5 magnitude, with galaxies shown in the correct orientation, by the eminent Wil Tirion. There is a list of DSOs like the Cambridge Sky Atlas. Furthermore, it has a set of detailed moon maps beautifully air-brushed by Antonin Rukl, the world-renowned Moon cartographers.

In fact this book is a combination of 3 excellent atlases: (1) the Cambridge Sky Atlas, (2) the S&T Pocket Sky Atlas and (3) the Atlas of the Moon (by Antonin Rukl), so it is worthwhile getting it even at $15.95!!!

Just my 2 cents...
Richard Low
Area503

Post by Area503 »

Just got my copy at Borders Orchard today. For those who are interested to buy, dun worry there's still about 23 copies left when i bought it at 5pm today.

Before u buy, do check the bottom of the book, cos i realise that they use a black marker to mark across the bottom for most of the books on bargain price.

Excellent book for $15.95 !!! Especially the lunar maps, it shows both the upright view and the upright left/right reversed view, which is what u get through a refractor or a catadioptric telescope!!!