anyone has latest issue of SKY N Telescope?

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
gwenyi

Post by gwenyi »

yeah.. S&T is available at holland v newstand. if i am not wrong, the price is $14.90sgd
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

chrisyeo wrote:Rich,

abit off topic, but the mama shop at Ikea always sells out on their astronomy mags! Everytime I'm there I check, and everytime they are sold out. Maybe astronomy buffs like Ikea too. ;)

Chris
Strange, I went there twice to get Astronomy and twice they had it...
As I said earlier, if you don't want to miss it, subscribe to it. Although you pay shipping, this is negated by the cheaper price per copy.

As for the library, if you are a hardcore astro reader, forget them. Their issues are typically 2-3 months behind , presumably as required by copyright since having it available early will discourage people from buying it...

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
rlow

Post by rlow »

S&T & astronomy April 04 issues are available at Borders. I saw it there last Saturday.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

rlow wrote:S&T & astronomy April 04 issues are available at Borders. I saw it there last Saturday.
The May issue is already out...
S&T claimed to have changed the format with this issue and took one year to do it but oddly, the only difference I noticed is the paper and binding is of lower quality (they said this is an improvement). Articles are about the same.
The "change" is nothing like what Astronomy did. When they changed..boy did they change! I'm beginning to think Astronomy is getting the edge here and probably that's why Astronomy outsells S&T in the US...

rich
kochu
Favourite scope: Sharpstar-107PH Triplet.

May S&T

Post by kochu »

I fully agree with Rich. Could not notice any improvement in May Issue compared to the older ones.

Kochu
rlow

Post by rlow »

I have also seen the S&T May 04 issue. There were minor changes but I agree that there no drastic improvement.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

rlow wrote:I have also seen the S&T May 04 issue. There were minor changes but I agree that there no drastic improvement.
That is why I wonder why they needed a whole year to change...
procrastination?