WTS : Gitzo 1500 tripod with new 4 inch Astroslew mount

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
denebman

WTS : Gitzo 1500 tripod with new 4 inch Astroslew mount

Post by denebman »

I am selling a new version Astroslew "Inox" (altitude & azimuth disc, shafts are made of stainless steel) alt-azimuth mount with matching Gitzo 1500 tripod.

Basically, the Astroslew "Inox" is the same design as its 2" and 3" cousins, however improvements were made:

* Altitude and azimuth friction disc are increased to 4 inch to take heavier load;
* The mount body is made of one solid block of aluminium alloy properly hollowed out to reduce weight;
* altitude disc comes with two pairs of screw-holes to accept both Takahashi and Losmandy style saddle plates;
* Newly designed knurled knobs with smoother feel and are more user friendly
* Brass inserts are added to reduce wear and tear and to improve smoothness of tension knobs.

Besides the above, full length brass bushing for both shafts, 3/8" mounting hole on bottom and ribbed heavy duty stainless steel friction disc are stand features.

The mount is able to support OTAs up to 10 kg with ease when used together with Gitzo 1500 tripod.

Price:

Astroslew Inox mount: $ 550
Gitzo 1500 tripod: $ 550 (I slightly enlarged the mounting hole in top plate to fit the astroslew mount)
Price reduced to $ 1050 if you take both

PM or contact me at 9*3*6*2*6*1*0*5 for purchase, thanks.

Last edited by denebman on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
denebman

Post by denebman »

More details for the mount
altitude disc
azimuth disc
denebman

Post by denebman »

more details:

full length brass bushing in the mount body

shafts and knurled knob
denebman

Post by denebman »

Repost.

Price for the mount plus tripod revised to $ 1000.