MC MTO or MC Rubinar

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
blurblock

MC MTO or MC Rubinar

Post by blurblock »

Hi,

Anyone have a MC MTO or MC Rubinar for sale? I want to take pictures with it.
orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

i think you can find Celestron C90's on ebay for $100 or so... that's pretty much the same thing.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Clubsnap will have a higher chance of finding one.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

Nah, tried Clubsnap. They are more interested in high end lenses like Nikon or Canon. I prefer cheap russian technology. :D ..... Some of my best lenses are cheap manual russian lenses.
orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

:-D

you can get a Rubinar new from rugift.com it's not cheap though...

The thing is, the Rubinar / MTO is not a particularly amazing Mak lens. A quick ebay search for "mirror lens" will turn up a huge number of these.

I do get your point about the Russian lenses, I used to have some myself (Helios, Jupiter...) although replaced most of them with E. German Zeiss.
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

E.German Zeiss Lens, I have some of those myself :D... outstanding optics, produce pictures with very good contrast.

Rugift's price are too expensive. I used to buy Russian lens from a russian online store which sells at half the price of Rugift for similar items. Their transport is faster as well. Too bad they decided not to sell lenses anymore.

I have Helios and the different versions of jupiter as well :D.

I tried Ebay. The only good ones will most probably be the Meade 1000mm, but the optics does not seems too clean.
orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

well.. all of the mirror lenses suffer from horrible bokeh.

i'm not sure the Russian ones are significantly better than say the Japanese Sigma ones which go for $50.

How about this one? ZM-5CA, 500mm f/8
http://cgi.ebay.com/MC-ZM-5CA-8-500mm-M ... 5ad89cf1d5

One other thing I was thinking of is the Celestron C65 Mak (new, Chinese) which is quite cheap. Of course it's f/11 or so, rather dim. I would assume you want to use the mirror lens for birding or something?
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

Actually, I like the donut bokeh :D.... it is quite nice to a certain extend.

I am looking for a 1000mm mirror lens for the moon and occasional astroviewing when I go to malaysia. Noticed my parent in law's place have a very beautiful sky with minimum light pollution. Can't bring big lens there as my wife always brings a lot of things back to my parent in law place.
orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

Etx 90 ? It's quite well rated optically. .
blurblock

Post by blurblock »