WTS: 2 CCD cameras

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
Meng Lee

WTS: 2 CCD cameras

Post by Meng Lee »

Hi all,

I haven't posted for a long time and now this post is about selling my cameras. The reason is simple, I need to upgrade.

1) Orion Starshoot Pro V1 (6.1 MP colour) - S$1100
(with case + 2 cables + software)

(For people who are thinking of modded DSLRs, this Orion camera is like the modded camera + cooling! And to really use it like DSLR for wide field see Hutech site for solutions, example http://www.hutech.com/astro/deepskycam/index.htm)

2) ATIK 16 HR 1.3 MP monochrome - S$ 1500
(with 2 cables + software + Astronomik LRGB filters + Astronomik H alpha filter + Atik manual filter wheel)

Purchase of any camera set entitles to free astrophotography and image processing advice from me.

No individual item sale.

Sms at 92732997.

Meng Lee
mySG_jy

Post by mySG_jy »

so it is either buy item 1 or item 2 right, not both of them right?

what is the different between the 2
Meng Lee

Post by Meng Lee »

Hi,

Thanks for asking.

1) I forgot to specify that all filters are 1.25".

2) Ya, either buy set 1) or 2). If there is interest in both, contact me in private, I will give special discount.

3) Essentially, at the same image scale, the monochrome setup gives u roughly 4x more clarity but much smaller field of view and with roughly 3x the effort. So the monochrome is more purists. The colour is really the "modded and cooled" dslr.

Meng Lee
Meng Lee

Post by Meng Lee »

Hi all,

There is actually a third CCD that I will sell soon. That is the kwiq guider but with the Orion version of QHY5 but the finderscope holder is not included. I will sell it when I get my new guiding camera.

It is possible to reserve with me now. Priced at S$350.

Meng Lee