Selling Astronomy Gear To Singapore - Opinion Needed

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
SebastianTai
Vendor
Favourite scope: Officina Stellare Pro RC 800
Location: 137, Jalan Pahang, Setapak, Kuala Lumpur 53000 Malaysia

Selling Astronomy Gear To Singapore - Opinion Needed

Post by SebastianTai »

Hi, I am Sebastian Tai from Optical Universe Scientific Instrument (Malaysia) Authorized Dealer For ZWO ASI Camera, GSO Telescope and also Celestron Instrument. To become more globally competitive,my company have decided to sell astronomy gear into Singapore and regional country (ie South East Asia). With GST system starting next year 15th april, all our telescope for export will be tax free.

Realizing that shipping cost is an issue to bring equipment to Singapore, my company have decided to have personal driver to ship all item ordered from Malaysia to send to Singapore, thus reducing the cost of shipping to a very low and competitive pricing (But of frequency of delivery will be once every 2-3 weeks)

Many people now are importing equipment from Amazon and also ebay, this will cause very stiff competition, but now my company system will be selling a very competitive price vs USA price, but at significantly lower shipping cost

There is few question I would like to ask for all members here, to reduce the shipping cost to a much lower price, we are thinking of best to have a pick up point of the equipment ordered (ie where we will stop at a specific location, member will come and collect from us) or members here prefer to have a shipping to your home/office - in this way we might employ local courier service for delivery, where as we will send item to Singapore, and we will use a local courier service to send to you - this will also reduce shipping cost (shipping within Singapore vs Malaysia-Singapore)

We will need member opinion on how the delivery system should work, and also what is the most affordable local singapore courier service for sending parcel?

Our equipment pricing will be competitive with new GST system (Star On April 2014)

GSO
8'' Dobsonian - USD525
10'' Dobsonian - USD830
12'' Dobsonian - USD1250
16'' Dobsonian - USD2400
6'' RC Telescope - USD550
8'' RC Telescope - USD1000
10'' RC Telescope - USD2700

Payment Is Via Paypal. Payment Via TT Extra 3% Discount. Price not include Singapore GST (7%)

Delivery Cost will be depending on method (If for pick up point, per shipment will be around USD300 shared cost, ie if there is 10 people buying, the cost will be only USD30 per item. If 6 people USD 50 per person) - which will be much better than shipping from USA.

If member prefer to have item shipped to their office address or home, we can use Singapore local pos for that purpose, however buyer will bear the fee

Hope member can give feedback to me, my company will be selling equipment to singapore, but with advance ordering, we can buy higher quantity from manufacturer at lower price - translate to bigger discount and lower price for buyer

For those who wants ZWO ASI camera, you can order from me as well - lowest pricing plus free shipping