Yet another new addition to our Telescope family !

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
harlequin2902

Yet another new addition to our Telescope family !

Post by harlequin2902 »

Harlequin Astronomics is proud to announce yet another fine addition to our growing family of telescopes :

Exotic Russian optics !

Telescopes from Intes-Micro (not to be confused directly with "Intes") ... featuring the "APO-killer" MN56
Maksutov Newtonian system :

Enquiries welcome.
Samuel Ng
aquacocoa85

Post by aquacocoa85 »

are they different brands altogether? intes micro and intes??

Aq85
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

intes one is mn61, 71 all those, intes micro one is mn56, 66 and 76 all those. the ota slighty different, i think the micro one is slighty superior lor.

wah seh, samuel recently alot of lobang sia. range of product getting wider liao.

~MooEy~
elton

Post by elton »

Oh no!!!! More temptation .....
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

are they different brands altogether? intes micro and intes??

Aq85
Both are Russian and both produce fine quality equipment, but they are not really one and the same. Their product offerings are a little different. Intes has their ready made 'MK' series of 6" visual/photo visual Maksutov Cassegrains + 'MN' series of Maksutov Newtonians such as the 6" MN61 and 7" MN71.

For Intes Micro, they have 'MN' series of Maksutov Newtonians from 5" to 16" + 'ALTER' series of Maksutov Cassegrains from 6" to 24" (!!!). You will see more of these added to Harlequin Astronomics in time to come :D

Intes Micro also allows hard core customers to furthur customize the scope to their personal liking. e.g if you are not satisfied with just quartz overcoats on your optics and you want your entire primary changed physically from pyrex to quartz, its possible.
Last edited by harlequin2902 on Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samuel Ng
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

only cure for temptation is to buy the scope. temptation stops and enjoyment begins... :-)

btw, as asked earlier, is intes and intes-micro the same company but different models are are they different companies altogether?
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Nope, they are not the same physical company.

At the moment, Intes Micro has a wider known range of available scopes, and these range from small and middle sized telescopes up to high quality industry optics. And as mentioned above, their telescopes can be furthur designed according to customers requirements.
Samuel Ng
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

Airconvent wrote:only cure for temptation is to buy the scope. temptation stops and enjoyment begins... :-)

btw, as asked earlier, is intes and intes-micro the same company but different models are are they different companies altogether?
From what I know, Intes Micro is an off-shoot from Intes, setup by former staff. Their accessories are better and the names of certain scopes are very close e.g. MN61 vs MN66. The latter is IM and has a better focuser and has knife baffles opposite the focuser. Some may come with an integrated cooling fan, I believe.

Hey! What am I doing? All this info should come straight from Sam!

Kay Heem
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

kayheem wrote:
Airconvent wrote:only cure for temptation is to buy the scope. temptation stops and enjoyment begins... :-)

From what I know, Intes Micro is an off-shoot from Intes, setup by former staff. Their accessories are better and the names of certain scopes are very close e.g. MN61 vs MN66. The latter is IM and has a better focuser and has knife baffles opposite the focuser. Some may come with an integrated cooling fan, I believe.

Hey! What am I doing? All this info should come straight from Sam!

Kay Heem
Would help newbies if a website can be provided but what the heck...we get Sam to buy demo products for all his franchises and get him to organise an equipment fest...
So, Sam, is the one MN-76 owned by Gavin (the one you are gunning for) an IM or I ?
mmmm
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Would help newbies if a website can be provided but what the heck...we get Sam to buy demo products for all his franchises and get him to organise an equipment fest...
So, Sam, is the one MN-76 owned by Gavin (the one you are gunning for) an IM or I ?
mmmm
Gavin owns an MN56 - it's the one shown in the pic above.

An equipment fest featuring Harlequin Astronomics products ? Sure, expect one sometime towards the end of the year if everything goes well. I'll be featuring new products from existing lines as well as representative products from all my new product additions for the year 2003 including William Optics, APM, Intes-Micro, Astronomik etc... (and I would really love to, but TMB stuff are a little too $$$ for me to demo at the moment though :lol: )
Samuel Ng