Perseid?

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Perseid?

Post by Airconvent »

Hi
Was just wondering its taking an awfully long time for the Persied website to get back on line. Any idea when that will be , so we can check out the range of current products Perseid is carrying now, especially the Truss Dob?
rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
perseid
Vendor

Post by perseid »

Hi Rich,
I am sorry for not update you on our website. What I can say is that the web site is down and may not be up again. We had so many phone calls to the provider but was given run around. We are getting fed up with them, while our customer getting fed up with us. We are thinking of switching provider, but we had to be careful now.

On the truss tube update, we had the woodwork from our carpenter a couple of weeks back and we are in the middle of assembling the first 6" Truss tube. There are several setbacks such us finding the correct bolts and nuts, and design issue. One of the design issue is the "old" balancing problem. The secondary cage is still too heavy.

On the bright side, our carpenter did a good job. A few designs flaws were solved without much alteration to the design. We also chose a very good but expensive mica (similar to ebony star) that goes very smooth with teflon. I am trying to get the 6 inch truss tube up as soon as possible, so that I can show you how nice the end product would be like.

Once done, we will start production for other sizes, such as 8inch, 10inch and the 12inch. We have all the optics ready, just waiting for the woodwork to be done.

I have softcopy of my product list and prices. If you care to drop me a mail at
perseid@streamyx.com
I'll send you one.

I am sorry for keeping you in the dark. If you have any further queiries, please send me a mail and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards,
CK
kamayok3

Post by kamayok3 »

CK is a good and nice vendor.......
perseid
Vendor

Post by perseid »

Kamayok3,
Thank you for the kind words.

Please do send a mail to my perseid@streamyx.com account. I was busy that I didn't have time chatting with all whom I met during the convention.

Regards,
CK
kamayok3

Post by kamayok3 »

sure, i will......