McGill’s Sky-Watcher APO Scope Sales!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
Jim McGill
Vendor

McGill’s Sky-Watcher APO Scope Sales!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Jim McGill »

McGill C H is proud to offer local astronomy enthusiasts a rare opportunity to own quality yet highly affordable apochromatic scopes NOW! Gone are the days when normal people can only envy the super-rich who get to own one or more APO scopes!

By partnering with the increasing well-known company Sky-Watcher, McGill is breaking new grounds in Singapore and South East Asia! We’re offering unheard-of prices in the history of astronomical equipment in Singapore! Be a part of this fantastic movement!

These APO scopes may not be truly “APO” in the purist sense and unable to occupy equal status with the more established brands like T-brand or A-brand, but these are definitely very good bargains considering the performance they deliver at such low prices! The Sky-Watcher ED80 version is actually similar to Orion’s ED80, which has received countless praises from reviews all over the world! Actually both are made in the same factory in China!

CNY OFFER!!!!! Limited quantity!!!
ED80EQ3 - $1,400 (Retail $1,700)
ED100EQ5 - $2,700 (Retail $3,000)

Packages above come complete with tripod/mount plus
LE20 & LE5 eyepieces
6x30 Finderscope w/bracket &
90deg diagonal mirror 2" w/1.25” adapter

Mar Holiday OFFER!!!! OTAs will be shipped to McGill much later – late Mar/early Apr.
ED80 OTA f/l 600mm - $970 (Retail $1,300)
ED100 OTA f/l 900mm - $2,000 (Retail $2,300)

For every OTA purchase, you’re entitled to a special offer of only $100 for a 9x50 achromatic finderscope with mounting bracket + the appropriate mounting rings.

Please pre-order fast!!!!!!! All prices in nett and comes with a 1-year Singapore Warranty. Satisfaction guaranteed!

We have tried our best to bring the prices down to affordable levels. Hope you show some good support now!!!!!

Apochromatic scopes are never so affordable! Everyone should have one!

To order, please contact Jim at 9108-1059 or Ban Chon at 9749-4919.

Regards,
Jim McGill
kohjb

Post by kohjb »

Hi Jim,

I just bought an Orion ED80, but just want you to know that I would have bought from you if I had known about this offer :-(

Thanks for starting to bring the prices in Singapore down to such reasonable numbers !!

JB Koh.
Celestron 9.25SGT, Meade ETX125, Orion ED80
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

the ed80 ota price at $970 seems comparable to opt's orion 80ed price shipped to singapore, mcgill's offer has an advantage of having local warranty, though.

if only they have a white color version :-)
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

ariefm71 wrote:the ed80 ota price at $970 seems comparable to opt's orion 80ed price shipped to singapore, mcgill's offer has an advantage of having local warranty, though.

if only they have a white color version :-)
This is provided Orion ships to Singapore. :) If I buy from Orion here in California, the cost is comparable to SGD970 after factoring in the sales tax and shipping costs. So this deal from McGill is really sweet! :D
kohjb

Post by kohjb »

Hi acc, just to point out that with some shopping around, the cost should only be about SGD840. E.g., I got mine from a shop in WA state, and since it's out of state, they charge 0% sales tax and free shipping, and give further 5% discount some more :D In fact, I didn't realise this before, but most shops in the US may give a discount when asked. E.g., OPT gives 5-10% discount.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Hi acc, just to point out that with some shopping around, the cost should only be about SGD840. E.g., I got mine from a shop in WA state, and since it's out of state, they charge 0% sales tax and free shipping, and give further 5% discount some more In fact, I didn't realise this before, but most shops in the US may give a discount when asked. E.g., OPT gives 5-10% discount.
Free shipping??? To where?? Singapore??

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
kohjb

Post by kohjb »

Oops....sorry, was referencing acc's post of shipping to California. I just came back from a trip, so brought it back with me.
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Thanks for the info! :)
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!