Digitalastronomy.com

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
rizal

Digitalastronomy.com

Post by rizal »

Hi,
Has anyone bought anything from Digitalastronomy.com?
I placed an order online on 2nd March 2005 for a webcam eyepiece projection but haven't received it until now. Sent 3 emails to 4 different addresses from their website but no reply and even made a phone call to them yesterday.. and guess what?
The voice mailbox was full to accept messages!

And today I found this at Cloudynights.

What is up with Digitalastronomy.com?

Sigh.. :cry:
rizal

Post by rizal »

Hi again,
Logged a complaint to paypal and this is the reply.
We have concluded our investigation of your Buyer Complaint. The details of this claim are listed below.

We have decided in your favor, and as a result, have attempted to
recover funds from the seller.
The maximum amount we were able to recover was $1.59 USD. This amount has been credited to your PayPal account. Please allow up to five business days for this adjustment to be reflected in your PayPal account.
USD1.59 out of USD48 .. :violent:
Thanks
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

rizal wrote:Hi again,
Logged a complaint to paypal and this is the reply.
We have concluded our investigation of your Buyer Complaint. The details of this claim are listed below.

We have decided in your favor, and as a result, have attempted to
recover funds from the seller.
The maximum amount we were able to recover was $1.59 USD. This amount has been credited to your PayPal account. Please allow up to five business days for this adjustment to be reflected in your PayPal account.
USD1.59 out of USD48 .. :violent:
Thanks
wah....$1.59 can barely buy me lunch! curious how they managed to recover this sum? the admin to credit the money in probably cost more!

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
rizal

Post by rizal »

Airconvent,
I don't think they did recover any.

Anyway its my fault should have done some research on them. Found another thread regarding their problem
http://groups.google.com.my/groups?q=%2 ... com&rnum=1

Anyway did my last try yesterday .. Rang them (this time the voice mail wasnt full) and left a message.

Phew!
anat

Post by anat »

I am sorry to hear the story. You should bring this issue into the attention of the supplying company http://www.astro-engineering.com/

I just check their website and found that digitalastronomy.com is no longer their dealer. So, what digitalastronomy.com is doing is a fraudulent action!

Anat