Orion Scopes

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
A 5 YeaR Old

Orion Scopes

Post by A 5 YeaR Old »

Any vendor dealing orion scopes here?
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I don't think so. You can get Sky-Watcher scope from McGill instead... I think 99% of the Orion's scope and mount are same as Sky-Watcher and you get local warrenty and support. :)

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Jim McGill
Vendor

Orion scopes almost equal to Sky-Watcher telescopes......

Post by Jim McGill »

Hi 5 year old,

Weixing is right. McGill C H is able to supply what Orion is offfering most of the time plus consumer protection in the form of warranty. Please call my Associate Staff Mr Robin at 9456-6785 to check out the telescopes we have on promotion now!

Sorry I'm not able to assist you at the moment as I'm still in China. Only back after mid-Apr.

Thanks!

Jim, McGill
fizzy123

Post by fizzy123 »

Does anyone know where to get wide-angle eps like those from Orion's Epic-2 and Expanse series, does any local dealers sell them? :idea: :wink:
A 5 YeaR Old

Post by A 5 YeaR Old »

the mcgill website shows that there's no stock of the 127mm skywatcher mak
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Expanse series: Same as Sky-Watcher Wide-Angle eyepiece. My first wide-angle eyepiece was the Sky-Watcher WA15mm. Quite good, except that it'll show ghosting if look at bright object, such as jupiter.

Epic ED-2 FoV is only 55 degree... only slightly larger than a super plossl. Anyway, got 2 ED element in the eyepiece... quite interesting.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

no nid worry abt no stock for the 127 mak la. go order ur manfrotto 410 head first. the 127 mak will appear on buy & sell every now and then.

~MooEy~
AGMI

Post by AGMI »

127mm skywatcher mak

you wanna buy ah? u go see fizzy123 and bergkamp's post in buy and sell lor...they all selling.
Do You Believe That Forks Are Evolved From Spoons?
Jim McGill
Vendor

127 Mak still available...........

Post by Jim McGill »

Hi,

sorry we don't update our website daily, but 127 Mak is still available but limited, comes with very good padded bag which re-sellers don't have.

We can give you special offer if you're a student.

Just give Robin a call at 9456-6785. He'll be glad to assist you.

Also Orion-similar eyepieces we do have. Please make your order via Robin too. We'll give our best shot to help you since there seems to be no more part-time vendor around in Singapore.

Cheers!

Jim McGill.
boothee

SkyWatcher Telescope

Post by boothee »

weixing wrote:Hi,
I don't think so. You can get Sky-Watcher scope from McGill instead... I think 99% of the Orion's scope and mount are same as Sky-Watcher and you get local warrenty and support. :)

Have a nice day.
Hi,

Could you please let me know where can I contact to buy a SkyWatchers telescope in S'pore? How much it will cost for a 10".

Thanks,

boothee