WILLIAM OPTICS

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
williamopticsmarketing
Vendor

WILLIAM OPTICS

Post by williamopticsmarketing »

To all astronomy-minded friends in Singapore:

William Optics has decided to join this forum to be of help to the growing Singapore's astro-community.

Other than replying any questions you might have on our products and activities, we will be happy to host your pictures, feedback and comments on our websites and gallery.

Please send any pictures taken with WO equipment to:

Address: photo@william-optics.com

Site: http://www.william-optics.com/wowebs/gallery.htm
[web]http://www.william-optics.com/wowebs/gallery.htm[/web]

The quality of the pictures does not matter, all submitted pictures will be posted. Pictures should be high resolution, if possible, and should come with detailed info; we can also list name, mail address and personal website of the imager as preferred.

Feel free to send us and review/comments/questions at
wo@william-optics.com
in English or Chinese.

Finally for those of you who read Chinese, we are about to launch our new Chinese-language websites, on top:

www.william-optics.com.tw
William Optics

www.william-optics.com.cn
William Optics

Let me take this chance also to thank our Authorized WO Dealers in Singapore and Malaysia who are doing a great job in educating and supporting the local users.

Best regards,

Daniel

on behalf of W. Yang, WO President
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Welcome to SingAstro!! I think you are the first astronomy equipment manufacturer that join our forum!!

:-k-yeah: :-k-yeah: :-k-yeah:

Have a nice day!
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Welcome Daniel....

Hope to see you around.....
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Hi Daniel!

Perhaps you would also like to address the copyright issues on the submitted pictures (as discussed in Cloudynights Forum).

Thank you!

Cheers!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
williamopticsmarketing
Vendor

Tachyon wrote:Hi Daniel!

Perhaps you would also like to address the copyright issues on the submitted pictures (as discussed in Cloudynights Forum).

Thank you!

Cheers!
Yes, ok, and thank you for asking...

In fact that is a non-issue, because the copyright of any pic lies with the owner of the pic itself, and WO only shows it on its website with the owner's permission.

Unless the owner authorizes us otherwise, the picture will not be used otherwise.

Hope this clarifies it!

Thanks to all administrators, moderators and other users for their welcome! Feel free to write to us at any time for any questions.

Daniel
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Dear Daniel,

Thanks for making it clear!

I also noticed that you do not have any distributors in Taiwan? Is it possible to buy WO products in Taipei?

Cheers!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

i'm just curious, how come the gt-1 is not listed anywhere on your website? mind giving me a rough idea of it's price? and maybe a brochure in .pdf format?

~MooEy~
williamopticsmarketing
Vendor

Dear Tachyon (? Sorry I do not know your name!),

we do have some ten vendors in Taiwan, of course!
We have only 1 listed in the new websites, but only because we are still updating them as you noticed; if you want a not-complete list check our old website www.optics.com.tw, we will put an updated selected list on www.william-optics.com.tw shortly. Also, in Taiwan is also possible to purchase from us directly.

Daniel
williamopticsmarketing
Vendor

Dear MooEy,

Even though it was an excellent product, the GT-1 was discontinued last year due to low margins and high costs (it was priced TOO good for customers! That's why it sold out very fast). You can still find some second-hand ones on classifieds or places like astromart... You can also check our yahoo group or the GT-1 yahoo group...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/William-Optics/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GT-ONE/

You might come up with some bargains.

Since lots of people gave us very good feedback for it, we are studying the possibility of making something similar in the future.

Daniel
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

hi Daniel, a big welcome to williamoptics. please send my highest regards to William and David Yang.

i saw on a cloudynight report that WO is coming up with a binoview-refractor. any early news on the binoviewer or the bino-refractor package for us?

i just asked opt.com to quote me a z66 semi-apo. personally, it's a pity that i have to buy WO products from overseas (mostly opt or hk) instead of your local malaysian dealer whose prices are often significantly higher.