Personal Solar Telescope; PST - Intro Price

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
Lee
Vendor

Personal Solar Telescope; PST - Intro Price

Post by Lee »

We will be bringing in the ever popular & low cost 40mm Personal Solar Telescope PST from Coronado soon.

Intro Price
PST ......................... S$ 1188 (w/o warranty)
PST ......................... S$ 1388 (w 12 mth warranty)

Price After 1st Sep 2005
PST ......................... S$ 1300 (w/o warranty)
PST ......................... S$ 1550 (w 12 mth warranty)

Delivery : 1-3 weeks
Validity : End of July

The PST is made from milled aluminium, not plastic! The P.S.T. comes with a built in Sol Ranger for easy alignment, a 20mm Kellner eyepiece, and a re-usable box with dye cut foam for safe storage.

To order please contact us at leewk@tps.sg or call Tel: 64663346

+++++++++++++++
The PST is the latest innovation from Coronado. This ‘little’ telescope is another step toward our goal of making it possible for everyone to, “Experience the Sun our way.”

Sub angstrom H-A systems have long been cost prohibitive for the amateur. Designs other than the Coronado are difficult to use because of temperature and F-Ratio requirements. Not only does the PST have a bandpass of <1.0 angstrom but it is also thermally stable and requires no more time to operate than putting in a eyepiece and adjusting the focus…

The PST represents the same technology and quality that goes into a SolarMax series telescope but with a few unique design characteristics that allow us to offer it for less than some premium eyepieces. The PST will show you prominences, active regions, filaments, as well as other surface details.

“To be honest I was not expecting too much, bearing in mind the cost and diminutive nature of the ‘scope, I finally set up in the late afternoon. Alignment of the ‘scope is a breeze using the inbuilt sun finder, as I looked through the eyepiece I could see a red sun with a small sunspot but no prominences or H-A detail and then decided to try the ‘tuner’, as I rotated the ring the view changed, prominences popped into view! With a little further “tweaking” filaments, faculae, and “orange peel” surface came into view in incredible detail! Absolutely brilliant…” – Mr. N. Longshaw, U.K.
Last edited by Lee on Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gwenyi

Post by gwenyi »

wow wow. very good stuff coming in
Jin Peng

Post by Jin Peng »

great! hallelujah.
Lee
Vendor

Post by Lee »

Note price increases for PST & Coronado product from 1st Sep 2005