Harlequin Astronomics - Everything must go !

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
harlequin2902

Harlequin Astronomics - Everything must go !

Post by harlequin2902 »

Hi all !

Trying to clear the last remaining stock from my dry cabinets.

It has been a great joy and pleasure to serve amateur astronomers world wide as a vendor for the past 3 years - especially the members of Singastro - a community where I myself 'grew up' in !

I had set up Harlequin Astronomics as an extension of my interest in Astronomy during my undergraduate years, and now that that stage in my life is over and due to the fact that I will be starting work officially this August in what I can say is my dream job, I have therefore decided to halt the business completely to concentrate on building up my career in proper and also to better prepare myself for a post graduate education a couple of years down the road.

Personally, there are a lot of things I would love to go back to once I am more settled in the job, and one of these things is definately Astronomy :wink: ... I may have been away from this forum for pretty long and missed out on numerous activities, but I really do miss you guys, the trips up north, the Dempsey Rd and SP observing sessions , visits to member's homes to check out their equipment :D etc... and I hope to catch up with some of you again soon !

*** UPDATED ON 7TH AUGUST 2005 - ALL SOLD ***

Thanks for all the enquiries !

Cheers,
Last edited by harlequin2902 on Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Samuel Ng
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

This is a Vendor's announcement but why do I feel sad after reading it?

:k-sad:
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
RyoNpepper

Post by RyoNpepper »

We also should be happy for you. Do well in your career!! All the best!! :)

Wu
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

I must really say that Sam had provided the best service availiable for such a difficult sales job (you know the astro community is so small) , i have personally benefitted from his great service.

With great regards

chee yiun
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

yes...its sad he is not only exiting his business but the hobby also.
I remember him as a hardcore oberver, setting up at Toa Payoh library whenever he can but I guess that's the privilege of a student. as a working adult, we do not have that luxury anymore...
all the best, sam. ..
I suspect I will still see you birding more instead! :D
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Thanks for the kind words guys !

Well Richard, I won't say that I am exiting the hobby completely. I will still keep my Pronto, MN56 and my entire collection of personal eyepieces :D ... those are things I really can't bear to sell.
Samuel Ng
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

All the best with your new job, Sam. Hope you are able to find more time for astronomy in the future, when things have stabilised.

Go well!
Jeremy
rlow

Post by rlow »

I am sure Sam will be back obing after a while when he has settle down in his new job. He is such a prolific hardcore observer that it would be really hard for him not to get back...(sam, veil nebula awaits for you in mersing....). anyway he is still interested enough to want to see my c5 next week.
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Thanks, Jeremy and Richard Low. Yes, I will definately be getting back to observing once I am more settled 8)
Samuel Ng
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Latest update : All the items have been sold.

Thank you.
Samuel Ng