Fungus-Free Dry Boxes for your storage

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Please tell me, are there many 50" scopes in use here?
no :-)
HG

Post by HG »

What would be the most common scope in use here, if you do not mind.

Thanks.

HG
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

most common is 3" to 8" sct or mct which doesn't require custom drybox. I'm using digicabi ad-080II (58x54x46cm) for my 8" sct.

btw, the astro community here is very small, i don't think you can get 20 orders of custom dry box, let alone 100.

cheers,
arief
Last edited by ariefm71 on Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
HG

Post by HG »

Thank you for the feedback

HG
siahheng

Post by siahheng »

Hi HG, the 120 height is good. Can put in a shelf for the eyepieces.

Siah Heng
HG

Post by HG »

Siah Heng,

I thought it was established that most people do not need such a height. Only those who are buying the bigger scopes? Of course to own and use a bigger unit is nice, question is are people willing to pay the additional cost?

HG
jermng

Post by jermng »

I think the height will also be useful for people who own 2 or more scopes and want to put everything in different shelves. Most pple also have one or two cameras for astrophotography, so a large cab to put everything in will be useful but like arief said, the market will be pretty small. =)

Regards,
Jeremy Ng
HG

Post by HG »

Yes Jeremy, the bigger the model, the higher the cost and smaller the market. I'm trying to work out a size that will serve most people and yet does not cost too much. It is only possible if we understand the use well and optimise the use of steel sheet size as well as remove unnecessary features or components. Otherwsie, large cabinets already exist but I do not see many hobbyists buying them.

HG
river

Post by river »

Hi HG,
I am using one of the Value horizontal cabinets and it is full now, wonder is there any "expandable" dry cabinet design? Some of us start off with a smaller scope and we usually buy a dry cabinet just for the equipment at that time. When I think of buying more stuff, I have to think of storage problem. It will be great if my current dry box can be "expandable". :P just my fantasy... :P

Regards,
SH
HG

Post by HG »

SH,

LOL expandable. It would be nice. Unfortunately it is a bit hard to make that for now. If you dropped me an email, I'll tell you what I will be doing soon.

Thanks and best regards,

HG