Bid for WO 10th Anniversary Scope – 80mm Flourite Doublet AP

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
Jim McGill
Vendor

Bid for WO 10th Anniversary Scope – 80mm Flourite Doublet AP

Post by Jim McGill »

Hi All,

To celebrate William Optics’ 10th anniversary, McGill is delighted to announce that 1pc of their exciting limited edition scope – WO Zenithstar Flourite Doublet OTA would be made available to the ultimate APO-Purist here through an open bidding system!

For details of this scope, please see below:
http://www.william-optics.com/wowebs/pr ... tures0.htm

The opening bid will start at S$1,400 NOW. Bids are at multiples of S$25, with a minimum bid of S$25. Bidders who flout this rule will be disqualified from the bid.

All bidding will have to be submitted on this forum to make it public for all to participate. No SMS or PM allowed.

No reserve price. This scope must go! We’re trying to get this scope in asap!

Final transaction is NETT. Bid expires on the night of Mars Watch this sat 29/10/05 at Republic Polytechnic. Mr.Robin would confirm the eventual buyer at the end of the event!

As this is a limited edition scope, it’s an excellent investment which will reap benefits in the future due to its scarcity, not to say its amazing performance, both optically and visually.

May the best bidder win!

So, who's going to start the bid at S$1,400?

Jim, McGill
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

any prize for the FIRST bidder? :D :D
ALPiNe

Post by ALPiNe »

Another local planisphere? :lol: :D

Cheers,
:cheers:
- ALPiNe
Jim McGill
Vendor

Post by Jim McGill »

Hi Guys,

Sorry, there are no prizes to be given out as this posting is only meant for serious buyers.

However if you’re really keen on getting prizes instead of the main item, maybe you can consider some threads posted by TPS. Think there are some prizes there. You’ll definitely stand a higher chance of getting something.

Cheers!

Jim, McGill.

PS:As mentioned, bid will expire on Sat night, after the Mars Event. Mr Robin would be keeping track of the bids, which can be viewed at our booth.
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Jim McGill wrote:Hi Guys,

Sorry, there are no prizes to be given out as this posting is only meant for serious buyers.

However if you’re really keen on getting prizes instead of the main item, maybe you can consider some threads posted by TPS. Think there are some prizes there. You’ll definitely stand a higher chance of getting something.

Cheers!

Jim, McGill.

PS:As mentioned, bid will expire on Sat night, after the Mars Event. Mr Robin would be keeping track of the bids, which can be viewed at our booth.
Jim,

Please read my the other thread on the transparency of the bids. Also, do state a closing time for your auction.

For keeping track of bids, I hope it can be written out somehwere so that all can see and are clear who are the bidders and their bidding prices. If everyone has to walk up to Robin asking him the latest bid price, it will be pretty chaotic that night and pretty difficult for Robin too.
Jim McGill
Vendor

Post by Jim McGill »

Thank you for your suggestion, Vince.

Definitely we'll look into it, so that it'll benefit all the serioous bidders. Your helpful suggestions to Mr Robin would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Jim, McGill.
elton

Post by elton »

I'll start the bid at $1400. Cash and carry at mars watch?
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

According to the WO shop, the scope will be available by mid of Nov only. Also, Daniel (Yang) said, if you don't like the color, you can order it with traditional Megrez white or ZS black (may take longer delivery for this option). Maybe Jim can clarify?

cheers,
arief
Jim McGill
Vendor

Post by Jim McGill »

Hi All,

Thanks for the queries.

1) Cash and carry may not be possible this Sat as the batch is still undergoing final touches in USA. Don't worry, we'll keep you informed AND upload your happy face with the scope onto our website if you don't mind, Elton. Thanks also for taking the 1st shot! We're targeting arrival before mid-Nov.

2) Arief, for any correspondence with top WO Personnel like William, David or Daniel, you can take their words for it. There is no need for clarification. Just email us their answers with regards to your queries and we'll follow-up on them to make sure you get what you want. This is our responsibility as a Local Dealer. But I don't think we're in any position to answer every query for WO here. We leave this honor to them.

Cheers!

Jim, McGill.
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

I think they call it fluorite, not flourite :-)
Btw, I think I will skip this (already have their nice 80mm ED Triplet) and wait for the 5" :wink:

cheers,
Arief