New Skywatcher 1025AZ3 package

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
pH_7

Post by pH_7 »

samuel, sorry for asking such a question. noob here :oops: just wanna know if its a worth buy. it looks perfectly cool and the price is quite acceptable from my own view. and would like to know more abt it. can u kindly explain a bit more to us? thanks, just need more knowledge :)

Good day
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

pH_7 wrote:samuel, sorry for asking such a question. noob here :oops: just wanna know if its a worth buy. it looks perfectly cool and the price is quite acceptable from my own view. and would like to know more abt it. can u kindly explain a bit more to us? thanks, just need more knowledge :)

Good day
Hi,

Please don't be sorry for asking any questions here. This is what the forum is for. A place where knowledge is shared and generated.

The above scope is basically a wide field refractor. It does well in low-medium magnification wide field viewing of deep sky objects. You can also bring these scopes up to about 150x magnification for closer study of the Moon's surface or for a closer look at planets like Jupiter and Saturn. With the proper adapters and facilitating equipment, you can also use them for simple astrophotography with your digital camera. These wide field refractors are a great fun to use under dark skies if you ever have the chance to be under one with it. Other than being nearly maintenance free, these are also highly versatile and can be used for birdwatching or digiscoping during the daytime or as a simple 500mm telephoto lens for your camera. They do suffer from a bit of chromatic aberration (shows up as a thin purple halo around bright objects), but these can be easily corrected with optional MV or VR filters ( ~ S$100). And if you are a deep sky person and love looking at star clusters, nebulae and galaxies most of the time, the chromatic aberration won't really bother you at all.

If you need furthur clarification on anything, you can just call me anytime at 93621186.
Samuel Ng