(Updated 31/1) Giro-2 DX coming to Singapore

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
harlequin2902

(Updated 31/1) Giro-2 DX coming to Singapore

Post by harlequin2902 »

For all those who have been considering the Giro-2 DX, you can now experience it first hand once it arrives sometime after the Chinese New Year holidays.

Since there has been some interest in the mount displayed on this forum, plus since I am without a mount for my primary scope and since I myself am curious about it's functionality (some say that your scope feels as if it's floating on air when it's mounted on a Giro) ... heck, we've (Harlequin Astronomics) just informed Markus Ludes to send one over ! 8)

So if anybody wants a live demo at Toa Payoh Central after it arrives, just make an appointment with me and I'll bring it downstairs to show you. I'll be mounting it on a HEQ5 steel tripod. This post will be updated again when it arrives and with more pictures of it at our location.

Regards,
Last edited by harlequin2902 on Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samuel Ng
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

*** UPDATED 31st Jan '04 ***

Giro-2 DX arrived this morning.

Here are some new pictures :

Manfrotto 190D w/410 head vs HEQ5 tripod w/Giro-2 DX head and counterweight shaft

Giro-2 DX fully loaded with MN56, metal dewshield, red dot finder, 50mm finder and eyepiece

Mounting via the Intes-Micro mountrail and the quick release saddle plate

Price is as follows :

(Shipping & 5% GST are not included in the pricing below, and can only be calculated once you finalize your order list with us because shipping varies with total order weight and 5% GST varies with total order value.)

Giro-2 DX head (1 arm) - S$550.00

Giro-2 DX "Twinview" head (2 arms) - S$615.00

Counterweight shaft - S$50.00
(compatible with Vixen and Skywatcher counterweights)

Quick release saddle plate for scopes mounted using Skywatcher/Vixen style dovetail bars or Intes/Intes-Micro mountrails - S$150.00

For other mounting styles and requirements, please enquire (specify scope) and we will check it out with the manufacturer for you.

Regards,
Samuel Ng