CHECK ON THE EXCITING PROMOTION YOU SHOULDN'T MISSED !

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
lowrobin
Vendor

CHECK ON THE EXCITING PROMOTION YOU SHOULDN'T MISSED !

Post by lowrobin »

[font=Comic Sans MS]HI ALL, [smilie=cute.gif]

IT HAS BEEN ALMOST 2 WEEKS SINCE I LAUNCHED MY WEBSITE, AND I THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT..IS JUST OVERWHELMING...

CHECK ON MY WEBSITE REGULARLY FOR ALL THE EXCITING PROMOTION AND OFFERS, YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALSO WELCOMED TO LET ME IMPROVE THE SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU !

THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT! [smilie=cheer.gif] [smilie=cute.gif]

http://staropticsscientific.com

Robin Low
email: staroptics_robin@yahoo.com.sg
[/font]
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: CHECK ON THE EXCITING PROMOTION YOU SHOULDN'T MISSED !

Post by VinSnr »

lowrobin wrote:[font=Comic Sans MS]HI ALL, [smilie=cute.gif]

IT HAS BEEN ALMOST 2 WEEKS SINCE I LAUNCHED MY WEBSITE, AND I THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT..IS JUST OVERWHELMING...

CHECK ON MY WEBSITE REGULARLY FOR ALL THE EXCITING PROMOTION AND OFFERS, YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALSO WELCOMED TO LET ME IMPROVE THE SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU !

Robin Low
[/font]
Robin,

why are your products all in USD?

Also, the shipping and txes you added in is really on the high side.

For example, a WO 66ED with 2" dieletric diagonal

1) is USD448 at Anacortes
2) is USD738 at your side

You charge nearly USD$300 for shipping and taxes for this scope from Taiwan???[smilie=confused.gif]. You knew it's just a small scope right?
lowrobin
Vendor

Post by lowrobin »

Hi Vincent,

My cost for W.O products are based on my dealer price from W.O., they have not inform me that they are willing to offer me a cheaper dealer price as yet, however, with the local continuous support, I should be able to convince WO to offer me a better rate, and I can in turn to offer to the local consumer.

The price in USD was because my Webpage provider do not have a SGD default column, is either USD or Euro, I have already clarified at the bottom of all my pages.

I welcome your very good suggestion and I'll review my selling price from time to time, and the price you have noted in the US webpage, I'll follow the selling price as well.

Regards, [smilie=cheer.gif]

Robin Low

VinSnr wrote:
lowrobin wrote:[font=Comic Sans MS]HI ALL, [smilie=cute.gif]

Robin Low
[/font]
Robin,

why are your products all in USD?

Also, the shipping and txes you added in is really on the high side.

For example, a WO 66ED with 2" dieletric diagonal

1) is USD448 at Anacortes
2) is USD738 at your side

You charge nearly USD$300 for shipping and taxes for this scope from Taiwan???[smilie=confused.gif]. You knew it's just a small scope right?
Jim McGill
Vendor

Post by Jim McGill »

Hi All,

Just felt like commenting something….

---
This supplier is trying his best to offer quality products at reasonable prices to people here in Singapore.

From a general point of view, not in reference to any particular product, pricing is based on the rule of demand and supply. Please be reminded that the situation in USA and Singapore is miles apart in the area of sales of astronomy-related equipment, so the prices should not be compared on the same level from the business point of view.

Sometimes I have the feeling that some people might want to squeeze as much worth/value as possible from our small pool of dedicated equipment suppliers who are already giving their best efforts to provide good service to stargazing enthusiasts here. Give them a break meh!

Anyway, anyone can simply buy from USA if his/her only aim is to get the lowest prices, without the need for any professional after-sales services here locally. Nobody’s stopping man… :)

By the way, to the gentleman above, why not you ask the shop at Singapore Science Centre the same question you posed to Mr.Robin? Imagine what the response from the staff there would be!?
VinSnr wrote:[font=Comic Sans MS]

VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Jim McGill wrote:Hi All,

---
This supplier is trying his best to offer quality products at reasonable prices to people here in Singapore.

From a general point of view, not in reference to any particular product, pricing is based on the rule of demand and supply. Please be reminded that the situation in USA and Singapore is miles apart in the area of sales of astronomy-related equipment, so the prices should not be compared on the same level from the business point of view.

Sometimes I have the feeling that some people might want to squeeze as much worth/value as possible from our small pool of dedicated equipment suppliers who are already giving their best efforts to provide good service to stargazing enthusiasts here. Give them a break meh!

Anyway, anyone can simply buy from USA if his/her only aim is to get the lowest prices, without the need for any professional after-sales services here locally. Nobody’s stopping man… :)

By the way, to the gentleman above, why not you ask the shop at Singapore Science Centre the same question you posed to Mr.Robin? Imagine what the response from the staff there would be!?
Hey Jim, I think everyone here has the right to clarify and ask. I appreciate the service you guys are bringing, but if I see something is not in line, then I will check and make sure. And it is your job to explain if you want the business.

Everybody knows vendors are here to make money and definitely we are not trying to squeeze. But it has to be fair. You are here to make money, I am sure you are not here to rip people off.

If Science Centre list his price or advertise here, I would have ask the same. But if they never touch this forum, it's none of my business on their pricing.

I suggest you should just let Robin do his explaination and everyone will judge for themselves. Many of the vendors are my good friends but business is business. As an admin, I have an obligation to check even if I knew the vendor well. I hope you get my point.
Last edited by VinSnr on Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
lowrobin
Vendor

Post by lowrobin »

[font=Comic Sans MS]Thanks Jim for your encouragement,

Myself and all the local dealers will certainly wanted to maintain a good price for the local market, if the local consumers wish to have a good bargain from us... YOUR CONTINUOUS SUPPORT WILL HELP US TO BRING DOWN THE PRICES... STOP BUYING DIRECTLY FROM THE TW SUPPLIERS, THIS WILL DISCOURAGE THEM TO UNDERCUT OUR SALES, [smilie=bleeding.gif] AND IN TURN WE CAN OFFER QUALITY SERVICE TO ALL OF YOU... BE A PATRIOT SINGAPOREAN, SUPPORT THE LOCAL DEALERS !!!
[/font] [smilie=angel.gif]

Robin Low
Jim McGill wrote:Hi All,

---

VinSnr wrote:[font=Comic Sans MS]

ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

STOP BUYING DIRECTLY FROM THE TW SUPPLIERS, THIS WILL DISCOURAGE THEM TO UNDERCUT OUR SALES
Hi Robin,

I'm not too sure what you mean by the TW suppliers (WO Online shop?)

At the moment I think most singastroian buy WO products from either WO Online shop or WO Ebay Store (there's one brand new WO 110ED selling for $1100 now on WO ebay store). I guess the reason is because they can get the product within days instead of waiting for one month if they buy from local dealer.

regards,
Arief
Bergkamp_
Favourite scope: Telescope that i can bring out

Post by Bergkamp_ »

I feel that as a consumer they have the right to ask. Consumers also will do research or ask around before they commit themselves to buy a scope. Because now the world is "shrinking" with the internet online buy, they are no longer restricted to local purchase as what it used to be long time ago. I believe alot of buyers will look into pricing when most of the people interested in astronomy have limited money to spend and want to get the best value the most out of it. After service of course its a bonus, but i believe alot of experts here can also offer good advices to help the astronomy family here.
Wee Ern aRmeD wiF Telescope reAdY tO taKe ovEr thE skY .. wIF jUst mY naKed eYEs .