IOPTRON PRODUCTS

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
staroptics_robin
Vendor

Post by staroptics_robin »

Airconvent wrote:Seriously I nearly got this mount previously because the launch price was ridiculously low but it has increased somewhat and the seem to be pushing for the more expensive gps version these days.
Reviews on their goto has been average at best but that is reasonable for the price.
I mean the goto mount is small , light (made of plastic, so shipping cost lower) and included a tripod as well. The only thing that held me back was that it was rated up to a 6" SCT because it was using all plastics gears and parts. I emailed them on support for an 8" SCT and the tech said it was doable but had to be careful not to overload further with big diagonals and heavy naglers/pentax eyepieces.
But overall a very nice package and it comes in many colours too!
I don't think you will sell many of those in Singapore though not because its not good but because the market is relatively small here.
Hi Vincent,

Wow, looks like this is a plastic mount, not so sure of the stability too, can anyone advise? By the way, if this is a "by popular demand mount", I may still be brining in, I think by mounting a 80mm ota shouldn't be a problem at all, alternative, I can also give a special offer for my Skypod for the beginner to have a not so ex. but a fairly good mount.

I need some view of this adjustment.

Regards,

Robin Low
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

kayheem wrote:1 problem I do have with this mount is this:

GOTOs are good for DSOs, which are much more difficult to find than planets. However, you need large aperture for DSOs which the Ioptron can't handle well.
Hi Kay Heem,
So you actually have this mount? The promotional material always have it with a 90mm refractor, so that is the target scope. The tech did say 8" is possible but there will be alot of vibration and one must be careful not to load the ota further.
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

staroptics_robin wrote: Hi Vincent,
Wow, looks like this is a plastic mount, not so sure of the stability too, can anyone advise? By the way, if this is a "by popular demand mount", I may still be brining in, I think by mounting a 80mm ota shouldn't be a problem at all, alternative, I can also give a special offer for my Skypod for the beginner to have a not so ex. but a fairly good mount. I need some view of this adjustment. Regards,
Robin Low
As long as you keep to the rated load, don't think its an issue. Remember both the ETX series and LX200 series all have plastic gears in their motor drives too. It would make an excellent portable setup for say, a WO80mm, C5 or C6.
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

Airconvent wrote:

GOTOs are good for DSOs, which are much more difficult to find than planets. However, you need large aperture for DSOs which the Ioptron can't handle well.
Hi Kay Heem,
So you actually have this mount? The promotional material always have it with a 90mm refractor, so that is the target scope. The tech did say 8" is possible but there will be alot of vibration and one must be careful not to load the ota further.
Nope, I do not own this, but I was sorely tempted to buy it for my last mersing trip, but I figured the fully-loaded 8" SCT would over-power it, and possibly cause some permanent damage to the mount.
staroptics_robin
Vendor

kayheem wrote:
Airconvent wrote:

Hi Kay Heem,
Nope, I do not own this, but I was sorely tempted to buy it for my last mersing trip, but I figured the fully-loaded 8" SCT would over-power it, and possibly cause some permanent damage to the mount.
Hi,

I think this is only a high tech colourful mount with simple goto features to attract first timers as what I perceived; this is not a pro mount for some serious work which I first saw it, based on the comments above, I'm really not sure is this a good mount to bring in, any advise ?

Robin
mymoon

Post by mymoon »

only if you can handle product variation. the retrofit gotonova bought early this year needs surgery to fit the GP mount...haha. BTW the 32 channel GPS for the gotonova works like a charm.

read the yahoo user group

the complains gets less and less though; must have finally got their act together.

cheers
staroptics_robin
Vendor

Re: IOPTRON PRODUCTS

staroptics_robin wrote:[font=Comic Sans MS]DEAR ALL,

I WISH TO CONDUCT A MARKET SURVEY ABOUT THE NEW "IOPTRON" PRODUCTS JOINTLY DEVELOPED BY CHINA & USA. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS OF THE PRODUCTS AND THE OVERALL DEMAND IN THE LOCAL MARKET.

YOU MAY RESPONSE TO ME BY EMAIL ME OR JUST REPLY TO THIS FORUM, I MAY CONSIDER TO BRING IN THIS EXITING PRODUCT TO SINGAPORE IF I'VE POSITIVE RESPONSE.

http://www.ioptron.com/

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT! [smilie=angel.gif]

ROBIN LOW
staropticsscientific.com
[/font]
Hi All,

Thanks all of you for the very useful info. I've more to share and I wish to have more feed back pertaining to the recommended selling price by US Dearlers, here are my breakdown:

1. GOTO ALTZ Mount 5kg payload - US$ 243.00 or S$340.00 FOB S'pore

2. GPS ALTZ MOunt 5kg payload - US$ 365.00 or S$511.00 FOB S'pore

3. Mini Tower 11kg+ payload - US$ 799.00 or S$1119.00 FOB S'pore

Please note FOB is before GST, Handling Charges & Freight etc, you may need to add about S$200 - $300 to cover the above. I need the overall feed back if this product would be launch in Singapore, what will be the acceptable selling price ?

Robin Low
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
staroptics_robin
Vendor

staroptics_robin wrote:

I WISH TO CONDUCT A MARKET SURVEY ABOUT THE NEW "IOPTRON" PRODUCTS JOINTLY DEVELOPED BY CHINA & USA. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS OF THE PRODUCTS AND THE OVERALL DEMAND IN THE LOCAL MARKET.

YOU MAY RESPONSE TO ME BY EMAIL ME OR JUST REPLY TO THIS FORUM, I MAY CONSIDER TO BRING IN THIS EXITING PRODUCT TO SINGAPORE IF I'VE POSITIVE RESPONSE.

ROBIN LOW
staropticsscientific.com
[/font]
Hi All,

Thanks all of you for the very useful info. I've more to share and I wish to have more feed back pertaining to the recommended selling price by US Dearlers, here are my breakdown:

Please note FOB is before GST, Handling Charges & Freight etc, you may need to add about S$200 - $300 to cover the above. I need the overall feed back if this product would be launch in Singapore, what will be the acceptable selling price ?

Robin Low
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
staroptics_robin
Vendor

staroptics_robin wrote:
staroptics_robin wrote:

ROBIN LOW
staropticsscientific.com
[/font]
Hi All,

Robin Low
All the ALTZ Mount above included : Handcontroller & Stainless Steel Tripod. Minitower included Alu. Carrying Case, choice of Red Blue & Green for Item 1 & 2.

Robin Low
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

$600-800 for a GOTO mount with stainless steel legs seem OK, until you realize it can handle only 5kg.