IOPTRON PRODUCTS

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Let's all not be expecting F1 performance with a Kia Picanto here.

As far as I can see, this is a cheap, portable, no frills goto mount for beginners. Its not for large apertures scopes (although the tech did say C8 still doable), nor it it for serious astrophotography.

I mean just look how cute and small it is!
Of course, I think it would make sense for Ioptron to follow on this by launching a slightly bigger one using metal gears for larger scopes like the C8 since its such a common size.
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
staroptics_robin
Vendor

Post by staroptics_robin »

Airconvent wrote:Let's all not be expecting F1 performance with a Kia Picanto here.

As far as I can see, this is a cheap, portable, no frills goto mount for beginners. Its not for large apertures scopes (although the tech did say C8 still doable), nor it it for serious astrophotography.

I mean just look how cute and small it is!
Of course, I think it would make sense for Ioptron to follow on this by launching a slightly bigger one using metal gears for larger scopes like the C8 since its such a common size.
Hi All,

Can anyone draw to a general conclusion:

1. This is a beginners' mount ?

2. Payload is too light for serious work?

3. Selling price is OK, but 5kgs payload put off many buyers ?

4. Too many beginners goto mount in this market and beginners have too many choice that this is just another common goto mount ?

5. Local buyers not falling for this mount?

6. A normal EQ Mount is still a best choice ie: Vixen or SW EQ Mount ?

Need your feed back for my decision to introduce this mount in the market.

Robin Low
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi
Here is my take :

Obvious, isn't it? Its so light and compact and cheap.

Depends on what is meant by serious work. To me being able to see objects and track properly is serious work.

Should not be "put off" . 5kg rating means those who wants to use it with a >5kg load not suitable.

4. Too many beginners goto mount in this market and beginners have too many choice that this is just another common goto mount ?
Not many mounts in this price range actually. How many cheap ones can you buy without an OTA bundled?

I'm falling for it...just don't need it now...heh heh

Its personal. I dislike using EQ mounts because its cumbersome to use with the counterweight and alignments. The Ioptron only need you to install th ota, switch on and you're in business within minutes!

cheers
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
staroptics_robin
Vendor

Airconvent wrote:Hi
Here is my take :

Obvious, isn't it? Its so light and compact and cheap.

Depends on what is meant by serious work. To me being able to see objects and track properly is serious work.

Should not be "put off" . 5kg rating means those who wants to use it with a >5kg load not suitable.

Not many mounts in this price range actually. How many cheap ones can you buy without an OTA bundled?

I'm falling for it...just don't need it now...heh heh

Its personal. I dislike using EQ mounts because its cumbersome to use with the counterweight and alignments. The Ioptron only need you to install th ota, switch on and you're in business within minutes!

cheers
Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your valuable feed back, anymore response ?

Cheers [smilie=cheer.gif]
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Dear Robin,

Why don't you just give a sales price and start taking pre-orders? Then you will know the REAL response?

Cheers!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
staroptics_robin
Vendor

Tachyon wrote:Dear Robin,

Why don't you just give a sales price and start taking pre-orders? Then you will know the REAL response?

Cheers!
Hi Andrew,

Good idea!

Need more info before I launch the mount is just to avoid I ending up using the mount myself .... I already have my indicative selling price in my earlier reply, but the mount eventually still ending up about 800 -1k to market here, the selling price will be similar to skypod, but the later is still a better mount.

Alternatively, to lower the selling price for skypod and promote this good product from Vixen to the new comers; as skypod also have a similar payload, but the goto feature is more advance than the ioptron mount.

Cheers!

Robin Low
staroptics_robin
Vendor

Re: IOPTRON PRODUCTS

staroptics_robin wrote:[font=Comic Sans MS]DEAR ALL,

I WISH TO CONDUCT A MARKET SURVEY ABOUT THE NEW "IOPTRON" PRODUCTS JOINTLY DEVELOPED BY CHINA & USA. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS OF THE PRODUCTS AND THE OVERALL DEMAND IN THE LOCAL MARKET.

YOU MAY RESPONSE TO ME BY EMAIL ME OR JUST REPLY TO THIS FORUM, I MAY CONSIDER TO BRING IN THIS EXITING PRODUCT TO SINGAPORE IF I'VE POSITIVE RESPONSE.

http://www.ioptron.com/

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT! [smilie=angel.gif]

ROBIN LOW
staropticsscientific.com
[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]DEAR ALL,

STAROPTICS SCIENTIFIC HAS BEEN AWARDED THE DEALERSHIP FOR IOPTRON PRODUCTS IN THIS REGION, DETAILS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN MY WEDSITE IN SEPTEMBER 2008, PLEASE CHECK ON MY WEBSITE FOR THE LATEST PROMOTION ITEMS.

<http://staropticsscientific.com>

ALL ENQUIRIES AND PRE-ORDERS ARE WELCOME!!! SPECIAL PROMOTION PRICES FOR IOPTRON PRODUCTS IN THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER 2008.
DON'T MISS OUT THE SPECIAL PROMOTION SALES FOR THIS LEGENDARY PRODUCT, REVIEWED BY "SKY & TELESCOPES".

CHEERS!

ROBIN LOW - MOBILE: 9 383 5173
sales@staropticsscientific.com
[/font]
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Congrats Robin!

Are you bringing in the Mini Tower?
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
staroptics_robin
Vendor

Tachyon wrote:Congrats Robin!

Are you bringing in the Mini Tower?
Hi Andrew,

If there's an order, I'll bring in, but I may bring in 2 to 3 models for demo.

Robin LOw
Robin Lee

Post by Robin Lee »

Congratulations on being the regional dealer!
Clear skies,
Robin.

Cyclops Optics - QHYCCD, William Optics, Televue, STC & Optolong filters
Free shipping for purchases above SG$250