MINI HOME PLANETARIUM

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
ragelin

Post by ragelin »

Hi Robin

I quite interested in this are you able to provide me a ss or photo of the real thing. And can you provide the spec 2 i found a identical product and would like to compare the spec b4 i purchase.

Thx
staroptics_robin
Vendor

Post by staroptics_robin »

ragelin wrote:Hi Robin

I quite interested in this are you able to provide me a ss or photo of the real thing. And can you provide the spec 2 i found a identical product and would like to compare the spec b4 i purchase.

Thx
Hi,

The home planetarium (Blue) photo is the actual photo I have taken, the Vixen home planetarium I have taken from the catelogue, the actual product is the same except the constellation is in Japanese, and the sphere is in black colour, that's why the iOptron model is more attractive even for static display.

Regards,

Robin Low
staroptics_robin
Vendor

Post by staroptics_robin »

Canopus Lim wrote:
oxygn wrote:Hi would you need a dome shape like room or tent to see them properly? wouldn't our normal rooms distort the projection?

What is the difference compared to the star theatre 2 n home star planetarium from segatoys? thanks alot

OT: Besides the above mention, anyone has a home planetarium to recommend?
Hi I have the Segatoys HomeStar Pro Planetarium. It can project 10,000 stars... you can actually use a binoculars to resolve the stars. :P Also, it rotates automatically and have timer settings to shut off. There is a shooting star function that allows random timing shooting stars, but sadly, comes from the same location. However, note that it is not that bright, and best used in an enclosed room without windows or with windows that have good blinds. Light pollution from surrounding lights does affect the stars visibility...so make sure the room is like 'Mersing' condition.

It is a good education tool, and nice accessory for the house.
Hi Canopus,

I'm trying to offer my products to a potential buyer, I'll appreciate please do not interfer with my transaction as I have my website and overhead to maintain.

Moderator: Please protect the vendors' interest, we're in legal business, and try to offer the best to the local astronomers!

Thank You,

Robin Low
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Canopus was being helpful by answering some questions on the Segatoys planetarium based on his own experience. Anyway, to keep this thread on topic, please continue discussions on the Segatoys gadget here: http://www.singastro.org/viewtopic.php?t=6848
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!