to local vendor

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
Jingguo

to local vendor

Post by Jingguo »

Hi any celestron dealer here other than Astro Scientific? Other other brand can intro to me who is going into dso n budget between 1000-2000. how is transation being pay?? cheque, cash?? or through credit??
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

No, there are no other celestron dealer here other then Astro Singapore. If there is I would had bought things from him already.
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

But why do you definitely want a celestron or a Meade? There are other pretty good brand around. Check with Samuel or Jim, they have other brands such as Antares, Skywatcher, APM, Intes, Intes Micro, William Optics and so on.......
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

The nearest ones will be in M'sia tho'. Try Trifid-Optics.
Transaction is usually done through credit, money order or Paypal for overseas. Locals usually prefer money transfer, credit and the good ol' 'Yusof Isshak'.

Charlie
The gentle light of a distant galaxy
must needs pour into mine eye.
Or i shall with bent and turned,
fall me down, distraught..To die.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: to local vendor

Post by Airconvent »

Jingguo wrote:Hi any celestron dealer here other than Astro Scientific? Other other brand can intro to me who is going into dso n budget between 1000-2000. how is transation being pay?? cheque, cash?? or through credit??
Hi Jingguo,
Unfortunately, only Astro Scientific sells Celestron scopes here. Sam previously managed to become a dealer but they have quite a high monthly quota to meet, so it was not very practical.
Many overseas traders accept paypal, money orders, bank drafts but not cheques and very few accept VISA from Singapore. For second hand scopes in Singapore, you can pay by cheque or cash depending on what the seller prefer. To play safe, most will prefer cash.

For your budget of $1000-$2000, you are not short of options.

You can buy the ETX90RA for less than $500 from overseas. For less than $1000, you can get Samuel's Skywatcher 80mm refractor or Antares Newtonian package and if you go higher, there's the Mak 127mm. I myself is selling the ETX105EC goto for around $1400 neg. All these scopes will be able to view DSOs but of course, the bigger the aperture, the better.
The bigger the aperture also means more difficult to move around!

But in the end, it depends on what you want. If you are into astro photography and open clusters, then start with an 80mm short tube or 4" Newtonian and move from there.

For hassle free viewing, a goto like my etx would be good but due to my long its long focal length, its not good for wide view like M45, etc but good for planets, globular clusters, nebulae.

If you have transport, a Newtonian would be cheap and good as well. Check with Weixing who has just bought one from Samuel.

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Other other brand can intro to me who is going into dso n budget between 1000-2000. how is transation being pay?? cheque, cash?? or through credit??
Hi Jingguo,

S$1000-S$2000 is a very healthy budget for a scope package.

For deep sky :

You can consider our locally exclusive Antares 6" Newtonian (featuring Japanese optics) on EQ3-2 pkg (Skywatcher's new 6" Newtonian on EQ3-2 pkg is also available at a slightly lower price than the Antares version).

On the other hand, if you want something for the same purpose but easier to maintain, there are the larger short tube, wide field Refractors from Skywatcher such as the 120mm f/5 or 150mm f/5. You can purchase these from us as an OTA only and match the OTA with a mount of your own choice to make them relatively more portable and to match your own weight/bulk tolerance level. These large f/5 Refractors do suffer from pretty bad chromatic abberation, but sticking closely to your requirement and primary objective, I don't see how the "colour" is going to affect you if you are using them for visual Deep Sky observing.

If you really like Deep Sky and not considering a GOTO instrument, then I would strongly recommend that you look a wide field-capable instrument (something in the range of f/5 , f/6) rather than those with very high f/ratios.

Harlequin Astronomics accepts cash, credit card (PAYPAL), ATM fund transfer or cheque.

Your sincerely,
Samuel Ng