NEW iEQ45 from Ioptron

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
timatworksg

Post by timatworksg »

Should be a decent step up from previous. Seems like Ioptron had listened and provided better Autoguiding connections with the ST4. Also the USB to RS232.

If the handbox is as good or even better than the Nova...This looks like a mean mount set up! Now to see if it works in Win7 64bit or just XP....drivers were an issue for IOptron,...and some had to fool it with LX drivers. Though I never had a prob and the IOptrion ASCOM driver through Ascom platform direct to Handbox for guiding works very well. But with the ST4...coolz.

Being a Guinea Pig sounds delicious..haha!
My wife never complained about how much time, effort & money I spent on my Astronomy hobby!................suddenly I met her!!!
staroptics_robin
Vendor

Re: NEW iEQ45 from Ioptron

Post by staroptics_robin »

staroptics_robin wrote:
staroptics_robin wrote: [font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]DEAR ALL,

STAROPTICS SCIENTIFIC IS ANNOUNCING YET ANOTHER GREAT PRODUCT FROM IOPTRON - THE LONG AWAITING IEQ45 WITH A PAYLOAD OF 20KGS (44IBS), SHOULD ABLE TO HOLD A 10" SCOPE.

FEATURES:

Specialized astrophotography mount ideal for entry-level and intermediate astrophotographers
Payload: 45 lbs
Mount weight: 25 lbs
Portable, compact, and sturdy German equatorial mount with the highest Payload/Mount ratio (1.7) in the category
ST-4 autoguiding port capable of reverse guiding with auto-protection
Periodic error correction (PEC)
Ultra-accurate tracking with temperature compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO)
Gap-free structure for both R.A. and declination worms
Built-in 32-channel GPS
#8406 controller with Advanced SmartStarTM GoTo Technology and heating mechanism
Lowest working temperature: -20oC
RS232 port, with commands compatible with LX200
RS485 new command set completely open for user-defined control of the mount
Resolution: 0.09 arc second
Fits with both Vixen and Losmandy-type mounting plates
2 inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod legs
Optional pier.
Calibrated polar scope with dark-field illumination and easy polar alignment procedure, allowing for fast and accurate polar alignment
Comes standard with: 2 x 5kg counterweight, AC adaptor, 12V DC car plug adaptor, USB cable, RS232 Cable and USB-to-RS232 Adaptor

ADVANCE BOOKING NOW FOR EARLY DELIVERY IN MID SEPTEMBER 2010.

CALL FOR SELLING PRICE.
[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]CLICK HERE FOR THE PHOTO, I CAN'T UPLOAD THE PHOTO IN MY PAGE, MY APOLOGY.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22207207@N07/
[/font]

THANK ALL OF YOU ALL WITH THE ENCOURAGING COMMENTS, THE MOUNT WILL BE ARRIVING IN MID-SEPTEMBER, FEW SETS HAVE BEEN ORDERED, A DEMO SET IS READY FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED TO FEEL THE ADVANCE TECHNOLOGY OF IOPTRON.

PLEASE SMS ME AT MOBILE: 65-9383 5173 FOR DEMO
OR PM ME FOR APPOINTMENT.

ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU FOR VIEWING MY POST, I DIDN'T EXPECT IT WILL BE SO OVERWHELMING RESPONSE OF THE LOCAL ASTRONOMERS.

ROBIN LOW
STAROPTICS SCIENTIFIC
[/font]
staroptics_robin
Vendor

Re: NEW iEQ45 from Ioptron

staroptics_robin wrote:
staroptics_robin wrote:
staroptics_robin wrote: [font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]

STAROPTICS SCIENTIFIC IS ANNOUNCING YET ANOTHER GREAT PRODUCT FROM IOPTRON - THE LONG AWAITING IEQ45 WITH A PAYLOAD OF 20KGS (44IBS), SHOULD ABLE TO HOLD A 10" SCOPE.

FEATURES:

Specialized astrophotography mount ideal for entry-level and intermediate astrophotographers
Payload: 45 lbs
Mount weight: 25 lbs
Portable, compact, and sturdy German equatorial mount with the highest Payload/Mount ratio (1.7) in the category
ST-4 autoguiding port capable of reverse guiding with auto-protection
Periodic error correction (PEC)
Ultra-accurate tracking with temperature compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO)
Gap-free structure for both R.A. and declination worms
Built-in 32-channel GPS
#8406 controller with Advanced SmartStarTM GoTo Technology and heating mechanism
Lowest working temperature: -20oC
RS232 port, with commands compatible with LX200
RS485 new command set completely open for user-defined control of the mount
Resolution: 0.09 arc second
Fits with both Vixen and Losmandy-type mounting plates
2 inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod legs
Optional pier.
Calibrated polar scope with dark-field illumination and easy polar alignment procedure, allowing for fast and accurate polar alignment
Comes standard with: 2 x 5kg counterweight, AC adaptor, 12V DC car plug adaptor, USB cable, RS232 Cable and USB-to-RS232 Adaptor

ADVANCE BOOKING NOW FOR EARLY DELIVERY IN MID SEPTEMBER 2010.

CALL FOR SELLING PRICE.
[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]CLICK HERE FOR THE PHOTO, I CAN'T UPLOAD THE PHOTO IN MY PAGE, MY APOLOGY.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22207207@N07/
[/font]

THANK ALL OF YOU ALL WITH THE ENCOURAGING COMMENTS, THE MOUNT WILL BE ARRIVING IN MID-SEPTEMBER, FEW SETS HAVE BEEN ORDERED, A DEMO SET IS READY FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED TO FEEL THE ADVANCE TECHNOLOGY OF IOPTRON.

PLEASE SMS ME AT MOBILE: 65-9383 5173 FOR DEMO
OR PM ME FOR APPOINTMENT.

ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU FOR VIEWING MY POST, I DIDN'T EXPECT IT WILL BE SO OVERWHELMING RESPONSE OF THE LOCAL ASTRONOMERS.

ROBIN LOW
STAROPTICS SCIENTIFIC
[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]JUST FOR FURTHER INFO, THE MOUNT WILL BE MARKETED AT $ 2,8++ FOR FIRST 5 SETS FOR PROMOTION OFFER OR IN THE MONTH OF SEPT AND OCT 2010.[/font]
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

Hi Robin,

The latitude adjustment range for this mount is 5-70 degrees. Will it pose any problems when used in Singapore?
staroptics_robin
Vendor

andeelym wrote:Hi Robin,

The latitude adjustment range for this mount is 5-70 degrees. Will it pose any problems when used in Singapore?
Ioptron has specially made it to 1degree upon my request, therefore, the problem solve, also there i's a half pier version which will be in the market soon.
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

staroptics_robin wrote:

Ioptron has specially made it to 1degree upon my request, therefore, the problem solve, also there i's a half pier version which will be in the market soon.
Oh great! So will it be a customised version for your batch or is it for all versions going forward?

How soon will the half pier version come? Will it be an addon? or is it a whole mount altogether?

Thanks for your prompt reply, Robin.
staroptics_robin
Vendor

iOptron Mount

Hi,

At this Juncture, I have not receive a date pertaining to the half pier because i want to have a market response before I embark into it.

Anyway, the iOptron I will be bringing in should be here this end week, pervading the China custom willing to release the consignment ASAP, cause my earlier iOptron Mini Tower took me almost 3 weeks to receive.

By the way, the half pier will be charge additional.

Robin LOw
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

Hi Robin,

What about the customised latitude range? Will it be for your batch only? Or will they incorporate into the production design?
staroptics_robin
Vendor

What about the customised latitude range? Will it be for your batch only? Or will they incorporate into the production design?
Hi,

The adjustment for 1 degree is only upon my request and not their standard production, as the mount is meant for china and usa market.

Regards,

Robin Low
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

staroptics_robin wrote:

Hi,

The adjustment for 1 degree is only upon my request and not their standard production, as the mount is meant for china and usa market.

Regards,

Robin Low
Wow! That makes this really a gem to look at. Is the demo set in already? Definitely interested in this...