croy's posts

Have some suggestions to improve the site? Let's discuss it here....Might do some tests here as well
cloud_cover
Favourite scope: 94.5", f/24 Ritchey-Chretien Reflector

Post by cloud_cover »

Croys is a really nice guy in person. He entertained me twice at his place and showed me scopes I wasn't even intending to buy.
I respect his opinions, especially on Taks because I see that he's had and used them and knows how to evaluate them. His leaving our forum is a loss to our community.
Ah well...
DON'T PANIC
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

MooEy wrote:andeelym: trust me, it's a nightmare to maintain so much equipment

~MooEy~
But its a dream for those not there yet. haha.

I think it'll be a nagging nightmare from my wife in my case. Hee hee.
jimmyleong

Post by jimmyleong »

there are not many active astronomy enthusiasts around in singapore already. one departure is already too many....
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

Actually I'm planning to quit too. All the new policies/changes from our wonderful garment has killed most of my observation sites. It's becoming a pain to stay in this hobby.

~MooEy~
shirox
Favourite scope: Takahashi FSQ85EDX

Post by shirox »

i dun think Croy is quitting the hobby. Its alot of different factors that annoyed him.
http://eltonastronomy.blogspot.com/

Mersing finally installed some water sink!
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

Yup, dun think he is quitting.

Well, whenever someone quits, some other people will benefit from the End-of-Hobby sales.
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

i hope i didn't contribute to croys' departure... he was one valuable member here...
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Hi
kk, no need to burden yourself with the thought that you caused croys departure.

What I observed was that there was a heated exchange between him and another member (not kingkong). He left the forum soon after the incident. I think its just an unfortunate incident/mis-understanding between the two? There can be other reasons of course but we are just all speculating here.

I believe enough has been said about his departure. Anyone who wants to find out the reason(s) might well want to try to speak to croys himself. In any case, he is always welcomed to re-join the forum if he wishes to.
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

A pity! I have met Croy in person twice at his place and he is a very friendly and helpful guy - willing to share his knowledge without any ego at all. I can't imagine him being upset with anyone. Whoever that person is must have really ticked him off.

Ah well, at least I still have his number...
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

Well, at least he's still available over at Clubsnap forums for any sales of his items, i hope.