croy's posts

Have some suggestions to improve the site? Let's discuss it here....Might do some tests here as well
rcj
Vendor

croy's posts

Post by rcj »

did anyone notice why are all croy's posts in dots? he has contributed a fair bit to the forum these few years!
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Remus
The posts were deleted by Croy's himself so there is nothing much we can do.
Regards
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

it's a pity...
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

I noticed... its kinda funny (in a non-funny way) when 1 person announced his departure, causing another to go off too, although unintended.

Its like what kingkong mentioned, its unfortunate that this small niche community of ours just lost another.
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

very sad to hear this. he is one of the few contributors here that speaks from experience instead of quoting references from the internet, etc. and he must really have been very annoyed/angry to actually manually change all his posts one by one! sigh.
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Hi all
Croy messaged me to say that he wants his account closed. He did not say why but it happened shortly after there was an online 'incident' in this forum between him and another SingAstro member.

It is sad that he chose to delete his posts cos' the continuity of the affected threads are now disrupted.
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

The effort alone to search and edit thru 600+ posts is not small loh! Looks like he was really pissed!

I agree that now the threads seemed weird, unfortunately, its speaks to me in a negative way about the person, if you ask me.
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

Well, if he is a hard-core astronomy buff, I guess he will still visit this site looking at the topics in discussion, though he will not comment anything.

Guess there are not a lot of active local astronomy forums for the community to interact afterall.

Who knows - he will rejoin as a member one fine day?
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

Really hope so. I also have to add that even though I have never talked or interact with him personally, I always find his posts insightful as like what Remus mentioned, he speaks from experience. And I am always curious about his home. He must have a room full of astro stuff! A dream to most of us I guess.
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

andeelym: trust me, it's a nightmare to maintain so much equipment

~MooEy~