Posts to Private Mail

Have some suggestions to improve the site? Let's discuss it here....Might do some tests here as well
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Posts to Private Mail

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Yong Quan,
As you would have probably known, one of the main gripes with the "yahoogroupians" is that they like the feature in which every post into the forums is copied to their private email. In this way, they don't need to log in and can read all the posts in the same place. I surmise you will have problems with login issues since this forum is not yahoo-based but can you see if it can be implemented. I know there is already a feature informing you of a new post but this is even more cumbersome...
Thanks

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

I think only a very small minority of members would want the amount of posts that are being generated here to be diverted directly to their email accounts. I do not see any need to implement such a feature especially if it entails much work for Yong Quan and Weicong juz to these satisfy these few members.

cheers
cc
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

acc wrote:I think only a very small minority of members would want the amount of posts that are being generated here to be diverted directly to their email accounts. I do not see any need to implement such a feature especially if it entails much work for Yong Quan and Weicong juz to these satisfy these few members.

cheers
cc
yeah..I think it will be alot of work coding..and that excludes all the brain matter used to figure how to implement it without needing to login...
just a thought...

:D
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: Posts to Private Mail

Post by VinSnr »

Airconvent wrote:Hi Yong Quan,
As you would have probably known, one of the main gripes with the "yahoogroupians" is that they like the feature in which every post into the forums is copied to their private email. In this way, they don't need to log in and can read all the posts in the same place. I surmise you will have problems with login issues since this forum is not yahoo-based but can you see if it can be implemented. I know there is already a feature informing you of a new post but this is even more cumbersome...
Thanks

rich
Rich, the problem is this. When this board is popular, you can have up to a 1000 post a day. Forums are really post generators. Are you sure people would want to receive 1000 emails a day just from this forum board alone? furthermore, some post are really trivia, like just a one line reply or a post like this one....

The current system allows you to be notified via email only on those threads that you are interested in. This make more sense than to receive 1000 emails a day.

We don't have a problem recoding the forum board if we have time. But what if after doing that, no one uses that feature because it's too crazy to receive so many emails a day? Then how? Either I pull my hairs or i throw my scope down the block.... :lol: :lol:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Posts to Private Mail

Post by Airconvent »

VinSnr wrote: Then how? Either I pull my hairs or i throw my scope down the block.... :lol: :lol:
Please let me know when you do it. I need to buy some mattresses and wait for you at the foot of the block. Its not everyday, 8" SCTs fall from the sky. I want to be the early bird.... :wink:
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

Hello .... I think I have some problem with my PM, I did not get any PM from people who had PMed me. I suspect some of my PM did not get to others too ...... thus no reply until now ...... can anyone help?
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Hi
I have checked and verified that your PM is working properly. Please try again
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

Some can PM me already .......