Logo for Singastro / More colourful index page

Have some suggestions to improve the site? Let's discuss it here....Might do some tests here as well
Aryanto

website improvement

Post by Aryanto »

The logo you see on the top left hand corner is the singastro logo. It's in the shape of S inside an A. Something like the @ used in email address.
SA of course represents SingAstro and the overall shape which makes it looks like an @ represents SingAstro's online presence, since SingAstro is founded online and we don't actually have a physical "office" or something of some sort.

I designed the logo and I thought it fits well, also this logo have a urban/uber/modern fresh look. I want to stray away from the convention of using astro-objects, like planets, metors, DSO, etc etc when designing a logo since most astronomy societies do that, I was hoping it would make us look abit more unique.
I dont think we need to re-design the top banner.
It looks great and unique already. :D

I do agree that too much info is on the front page.
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

There was another logo with a telescope tripod representing the 'A' in the SingAstro. I thought that was nice too. Is there anywhere we can find it still?

Thanks Gavin, I agree with your suggestion.

There's lot of other ways that this website can be improved. Maybe others want to share other suggestions as well.

However, remember that weicong and yongquan have volunteered so much time and effort into this website already. If you want improvements maybe it will be fair to hire them or some other web builder for a one-time coding project. :)

just my 2 cents...
Chris
Q
Administrator

Old logos

Post by Q »

chrisyeo wrote:There was another logo with a telescope tripod representing the 'A' in the SingAstro. I thought that was nice too. Is there anywhere we can find it still?
You mean the old logos like the ones below?

http://www.singastro.org/album_pic.php?pic_id=449
Welcome to the Q Continuum.
ovc17m

Post by ovc17m »

Wow... the logos are all very pro.

I must have been missing a lot of stuffs! Glad i'm into this forum now. :)
~Clear skies don't occur every night, so date your BIG LENS out when the chance comes~
JY

Post by JY »

Hi,

I find the site very good, the logo as well.

On the Portal page, the only change I would suggest is to replace the box "improvement made" by a link for those interested in the matter.

Cheers

JY
Aryanto

Post by Aryanto »

On the Portal page, the only change I would suggest is to replace the box "improvement made" by a link for those interested in the matter.
Haha.. someone with same wavelength as mine :k-wink:
starfinder

Re: Logo

Post by starfinder »

Q wrote:

The logo you see on the top left hand corner is the singastro logo. It's in the shape of S inside an A.

Hi Q,

Strange, but i don't see any logo on the top left hand corner of any of the pages. Maybe it's my browser setting. I've never seen this logo you are referring to.

Anyway, thanks to all for your replies!
soulfrost

Post by soulfrost »

the logo is located top left of the web. it looks more like an s inside an incomplete squarish thing