Feedback on SingastroPhoto Challenge 2006

Have some suggestions to improve the site? Let's discuss it here....Might do some tests here as well
boothee

Post by boothee »

Voating is a fun and easy. Look at all the pictures and just choose your favourite among them. :lol::lol::lol:

I wonder why people don't wanna vote. I Just really don't know.

I also agree with what Zong mentioned. Year after year, we will get more & more people.

How about a putting new section "Astrophoto of the Month" for every month?:lol: :lol::lol:

boothee
1150mm, 254mm, Newtonion Reflector on EQ5 Mount with dual axis DK3 drive, QHY5 Camera, Canon 300D + Kit Lens, Yangon, Myanmar.
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

ariefm71 wrote:Listing the names of the ppl that has voted may encourage others to vote as well.

Arief
Lol! Isn't this a bit like.. public wall of fame/shame? Reverse psychology might work, but only for the regulars i guess..

More importantly.. How to increase regular membership? Or should we open up another thread because this is OT?

Just a thought for the astrophoto challenge. What if, we held this once every 6 months, and have the first page changed to randomly show one of the winners' pictures for the first 6 months. This means, every time a visitor/member visits the main page, a random winner's photo will be shown like a "hall of fame". The 6 month option is so that we don't get sick of the same 10 pictures for 1 year :lol:
Stargazing ... is an excuse to stay up past bedtime that never fails!
ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight »

I don't agree with posting members names anywhere. Neither do i agree with forcing members to vote. All these are major turn offs.
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Haha.. no need to post any names..

Thanks for your responses everyone. Let's continue to take more photos and we'll be organising another one at the end of the year to commend the best photos taken this year.

Happy imaging!

Cheers and clear skies,
Chris
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

heh, i forgot to vote

~MooEy~
klutz

Post by klutz »

Maybe we should have the competition during the drier months. Less cloudy nites means more photography chance. And more photos for submission may attract more voters as well... :)

My two cents...
You know dat children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers...
amin7074

Post by amin7074 »

bro i think the numbers will grow a the higher side.......... :) if only the challenge is organise annually....... :) :)
aquillae

Post by aquillae »

amin7074 wrote:bro i think the numbers will grow a the higher side.......... :) if only the challenge is organise annually....... :) :)
yeah i agree :D
Sandeep10

Post by Sandeep10 »

yeah...the no. will increase over a period of time....! also idea of "Photo of Month" is an excellent :)