SingAstroWiki Main Page Hacked

Have some suggestions to improve the site? Let's discuss it here....Might do some tests here as well
Clifford60

SingAstroWiki Main Page Hacked

Post by Clifford60 »

Hi Guys, the SingastroWiki Main Page got hacked.
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Fixed. Thanks for the alert :)
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

strange...why would anyone be interested in hacking the page? Its not like this is a secure site or it has any info that many are interested in.....only to hardcore astronomers! :D

btw, thanks clifford for the tinker...have to consider giving you a Deputy Mod badge...that's as soon as I can get CC to give me one too heh heh :lol:
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Hi Clifford,

Thanks for the alert and helping to clean it up. I guess that is why you must have tried to call me. I recognised Wenbing's voice only after I put down the phone.

Anyway, I've had to clean up a few bits of spam that have cropped up on the Wiki site recently. This is perhaps normal for any popular wiki site, and it's good to see that our wiki has become quite prominent in the search rankings. We'll just have to deal with the spam as they come, for the sake of ease of access and editing. If it gets too problematic in the future, I can restrict the editing privileges, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Thanks for your help! Let's continue to build the Singastro forums and wiki to be a friendly and helpful resource for all astronomy enthusiasts.

Clear skies!
Chris
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Oh, btw, anyone can help to fix any defaced pages. Just click on EDIT and remove the offending material, or on HISTORY and you will be able to replace with an old version. It's pretty intuitive and easy.

Thanks for your help!
Chris
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

chrisyeo wrote:Hi Clifford,
I guess that is why you must have tried to call me. I recognised Wenbing's voice only after I put down the phone.

Clear skies!
Chris
Yeap, this was the reason of my call. He didn't tell me that someone tried to call me.