Moderators - Suggests highlighting to forum members again

Have some suggestions to improve the site? Let's discuss it here....Might do some tests here as well
Lee
Vendor

Moderators - Suggests highlighting to forum members again

Post by Lee »

Moderators, you might want to highlight the followings (taken & edited from another forum) to members of this forum again.

Important Rules

We reserve the right to remove any topics we deem inappropriate or disruptive to our community. Please note that, from time to time, topics may be removed for being inappropriate even though your individual post in that topic may have been perfectly fine. Please do not feel this reflects badly on you.

You may not make personal attacks on other users or staff members either in public forums or private messages.

You may not use profanity. It is unprofessional and offensive and will not be tolerated. We may place word filters in place for the most vulgar terms. Circumventing those word filters will result in punitive action.

The Golden Rules

1. There will be no excessive use of profanity.
3. There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a
manner which is offensive or inflammatory.
4. And refrain from the use of any ‘Legal Action Construed’, this forum is
used for constructive purposes and not any others.

Regards,
Wee Kiong
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Hi. To add on to this topic, I feel its about time to compile a 'new user faq' that every new user has to read to be aware of the guidelines for use of this forum. After all, this forum is more than four months old already, and this group years!

One rule of 'netiqutte' for example is the minimal use of shortforms or slang that others might find hard to understand or read, or that every post should have a clear title stating the content of that post.

Also, I would Love to have an 'Introduction to Singastro' that includes the history of this group - for example How and why this group started, and an intro of the founding figures. It would be great for a new user to read if she wants. Would one of the 'seniors' volunteer to do something like this? :)
Last edited by chrisyeo on Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

chrisyeo wrote:Hi. To add on to this topic, I feel its about time to compile a 'new user faq' that every new user has to read to be aware of the guidelines for use of this forum. After all, this forum is more than four months old already!

Also, I would Love to have an 'Introduction to Singastro' that includes the history of this group - for example How and why this group started, and an intro of the founding figures. It would be great for a new user to read if she wants.
Perhaps we can also include some basic contact info and links to our vendors like The Physical Space, Star Matrix, Harlequin Astro and McGill for those newbies who need to buy stuff.

We can also have a section devoted to astro FAQs, reviews, event announcements etc.

Kay Heem
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Moderators, you might want to highlight the followings (taken & edited from another forum) to members of this forum again.
Lee, thanks for the forum rules u contributed. I will be making some changes before posting them.
One rule of 'netiqutte' for example is the minimal use of shortforms or slang that others might find hard to understand or read, or that every post should have a clear title stating the content of that post.
Chris, will be including ur suggestion in the new forum rules.

We can also have a section devoted to astro FAQs, reviews, event announcements etc.
Kay Heem, we already have sub-forums for FAQs, reviews and events... :)
links to our vendors like The Physical Space, Star Matrix, Harlequin Astro and McGill for those newbies who need to buy stuff.
Vendors can submit their links for inclusion in the forums but we ask that they reciprocate with a link to Singastro.org

cheers
Chee Chien

Post by Guest »

I totally agreed that all new comers must be instructed to read about the rule of this web site. Thanks Wee Kiong. You have drafted a good rule guide.

cheers,
eric