Lockout behaviour

Have some suggestions to improve the site? Let's discuss it here....Might do some tests here as well
kohjb

Lockout behaviour

Post by kohjb »

The behaviour of the system when one types in a wrong password three times is somewhat weird and I'm wondering if it's a bug in there. Not sure if others experienced it or feel the same way? Basically you are locked out of singastro for an unspecified number of minutes, even after you've gotten a new password sent to you. Could be hours even before one can get back in. The lockout duration is missing from the message that is sent to you. Also, I was wondering if a lockout is even necessary? Anyway, would appreciate a kind admin to help look at this?
Celestron 9.25SGT, Meade ETX125, Orion ED80
swimaniac

Post by swimaniac »

I had the same problem yesterday. WeiXing reseted the password for me several times but still was not able to log in.

Finally he suggested deleting all internet temp files and cookies and that solved the problem.
Swim or Sink
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Yes, I could not login yesterday for some time. The system could not recognize my password even though it is saved automatically by my browser.
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
starfinder

Post by starfinder »

I had this sort of problem for months late last year to earlier this year until I asked Acc to help. That's why I did not post for months.

A variation was where I could log in, in the sense that there would not be a password error, and my nick would be shown on the userlist as logged-in. However, I could not access my private messages, post on the forum, upload to my album, etc, i.e. I was effectively not logged in.

Then the problem was solved. Now its ok. I think it may have to do with cookies, but I did not change any setting and I had used all sort of browers incl IE, Firefox and Opera. Or maybe to do with using a shared home network. Or maybe its the phpBB2 forum software. Or... Its a mystery!
Razsky

Post by Razsky »

I have the same problem too.

It seems that i will not be able to login at the wee hours of the morning, eg. 3am or so. Happened to me 2 days in a row. Always manage to log in again the following day.
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

So far so good for me for the last about 1.5 yrs since I joined. Use Firefox and clear cookies automatically on exit. Login to Singastro using save username/password in browser.
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Personally I do not experience any of these issues with Firefox. For those who do, try clearing your cache n' cookies. If that still fails, contact the mods or myself for help.

cheers
cc
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

I am using Netscape 7.2 and occasionally encounter this problem but I can alwasy log in after a few attempts even though they report my account is locked.
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

i can't loggin most of the time. especially from the office....

use IE in office and firefox at home