Singastro on Twitter

Have some suggestions to improve the site? Let's discuss it here....Might do some tests here as well
Gary

Singastro on Twitter

Post by Gary »

Inspired by the tediousness of constantly checking this forum for the latest updates on local events, I have just created a twitter account for Singastro:

www.twitter.com/singastro

As smart handphones and mobile data plans are getting cheaper, I think Twitter is the way forward to update everyone about Singastro activities - observations, sky conditions, overseas trips, equipment sales ... etc.

Moderators and event organisers can all share this twitter account to update everyone else.

What do you guys think?
fizzy123

Post by fizzy123 »

How about a facebook too? It seems to be the most popular means of gathering like minded ppl. There are already a couple of astro related facbook groups
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

Worry to many ways, members will get lost or mis-inform. We have our own "private" site and forum, isn't it better?
Gary

Post by Gary »

For reaching out the public, I think getting involved in as many *popular* online media is good in the long run. We just need good administrators for each of this medium and for them to communicate well with each other so that there is no miscommunication.

We should aspire to grow Singastro as big as possible. With more members and more scopes, everyone benefits. Looking forward to the day when the whole MB grass field is populated by scopes. :)

Btw, in case anyone is wondering, Twitter is used to complement this forum/website, not to replace it. :)

It is much faster and efficient to update twitter on the move via twitter app on phone for sudden last minute changes in event and sky conditions. Both website/forum/facebook and twitter can update each other with the latest info.

Btw, this is Gary. My account somehow got locked after I apparently changed some important info while updating my profile. So using GaryC now for the time being. Admin/Moderators if you are reading this, please help me to get back my original account. Thanks in advance! :)
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I had re-activate your already... check you email. Let me know if you get back your old account and I'll remove your this temp account.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Gary

Post by Gary »

Hi Weixing. Thanks for the effort. Just checked my email inbox and spam/bulk folders. Did not receive any email from singastro.

Btw, the following are the error messages when I tried to login using "Gary":

Warning: Division by zero in /home/sgastro/public_html/login.php on line 210

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sgastro/public_html/login.php:210) in /home/sgastro/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 878

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sgastro/public_html/login.php:210) in /home/sgastro/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 880

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sgastro/public_html/login.php:210) in /home/sgastro/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 881

You have specified a locked username, please try again later

Click Here to try again

Click Here to return to the Index
weixing
Super Moderator
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I just PM you.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Gary

Post by Gary »

Hi Weixing. I got my account back. You can delete GaryC account. Thanks!
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

As long as there are volunteers willing to setup and co-ordinate these new platforms to reach more people, by all means go ahead. :)

cheers
cc
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Gary wrote:Hi Weixing. I got my account back. You can delete GaryC account. Thanks!
I had transfer all the 'GaryC' posts to 'Gary'.

Hope I didn't miss out anything.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing