Singastro Member Reviews - Portaball, Nexstar 4 and ETX105

Bought a new toy? How about writing a review for it? Post it here!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Singastro Member Reviews - Portaball, Nexstar 4 and ETX105

Post by Airconvent »

Did you know that some of our Singastro members have published reviews of their scopes on www.cloudynights.com? Was going back to the site after a long while and chanced upon these again...heh heh

Vincent Senior's Portaball Review

http://www.cloudynights.com/reviews/portaball8.htm

Samuel Ng's Review of Nexstar 4 vs ETX105

http://www.cloudynights.com/reviews2/ne ... %20etx.htm

If you know of any others, do let me know and I'll include them here.

ricj
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Wow, looking at the date mentioned in mine, it has been more than 2 years already ! How time flies...you still have your good'ol ETX 105 EC while my Nexstar 4 is long gone. I do miss it and the magic of GOTO 8)

Hm, I think there is some updating to be done on mine (but I'm too lazy to do it... :lol: ), especially on the part where I said you couldn't use your own 1.25" diagonal with either scope. There is an accessory in the market that allows you to do so these days.
Samuel Ng
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

harlequin2902 wrote:Wow, looking at the date mentioned in mine, it has been more than 2 years already ! How time flies...you still have your good'ol ETX 105 EC while my Nexstar 4 is long gone. I do miss it and the magic of GOTO 8)

Hm, I think there is some updating to be done on mine (but I'm too lazy to do it... :lol: ), especially on the part where I said you couldn't use your own 1.25" diagonal with either scope. There is an accessory in the market that allows you to do so these days.
same with me too.....those were the old memories.