Light Pollution Map of Singapore

This is where you can read up the answers to some FAQs on astronomy and star-gazing in Singapore. Members' contributions are welcomed.
klutz

Post by klutz »

hm....Bintan looks like a pretty good place 4 observing. i heard d hotel rates there r getting quite cheap. hm....
Just came back from Bintan's Club Med last week... Went touring around the island. The sky there is as sh*tty as Spore... All red and all clouds and no twinkling object..
You know dat children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers...
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

Actually it depends on which part of Bintan you are in. I went to a resort (although rather basic kind of resort.. no aircon type) that is south of Bintan and the sky there is clear. The milky way is easily seen. Perhaps Club Meb Bintan is at northern part of Bintan which is filled with lights as most golf clubs etc are located there. Also, being north, it is nearer to Singapore and hence probably still affected by its own and Singapore's light pollution. If I am not wrong, Bintan is larger in land area than Singapore.
AstroDuck
hansgalaxy

Post by hansgalaxy »

much more bigger... :lol: the best place i have seen Milkyway was @ Pulau Bangka. The island in between S'pore n Jakarta. Pure white untouched beaches.. pure unpolluted skies! but now it's polluted by bird nests buildings!! :roll: