Observation sites in Singapore

This is where you can read up the answers to some FAQs on astronomy and star-gazing in Singapore. Members' contributions are welcomed.
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Yes, there are some places that are dark and secluded in Lim Chu Kang, but I cannot tell you, as I use it for other purposes which require some privacy. :-)
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
neoterryjoe
Favourite scope: c5

Post by neoterryjoe »

This place is just beside the link between PIE and KJE with reference from the street directory. The expressway is not visible though as they are blocked on one side by the trees. People use this area to fly kites and planes during weekends..
OB sites in LCK? Not so sure about them, but i do know several good locations in the restricted area. You want the map to these places i also ----- :shock:
:D
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Who wants to join me for recee?
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

tonite? i'm in
neoterryjoe
Favourite scope: c5

Post by neoterryjoe »

Having exams now..next time ba...this is actually a good place for the ntu people..quite near them..
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Tonight raining +++. Will activate if the sky is clear...
mrngbss

Post by mrngbss »

The list is will be very useful for our programmes. Thanks everyone!
Wee Nghee the Pooh
jermng

Post by jermng »

Tachyon, I was hunting for dark site in LCK once and found a really good dark sky with Mag ~5 skies. There was a red car with people doing stuff inside ... happen to be you? HAHA ...
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Orion SVP Intelliscope, AstroSlew I
Minolta Activa 12x50WA
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Whew! My car is not red.. heh
cataclysm

Post by cataclysm »

We have good dark site at LCK area, but not accessible by public. Its the SAF training areas. I am doing my in-camp training at the Pasir Leba Camp at the moment and indeed I experienced darker sky.