Newbie Reporting...:)

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
LancerCK
Favourite scope: Mak Cass

Newbie Reporting...:)

Post by LancerCK »

Dear Gurus, a newbie here. Though I have been interested in the Astronomy since secondary school time, but weren't been able to get further till now. Went once to Gary's sidewalk star glazing for a short while with my daughter, and decided to get myself a telescope. Through consulting Gary, I decided upon a 127mm MCT. So here's my humble equipment. Nothing to shout about, but its my first step out :D.

Telescope : SkyWatcher MAK127mm;
Eyepiece : Stock SkyWatcher Super 10mm and 25mm (ordered a PLOSSL 20mm to try, awaiting for delivery);
Finderscope : Skywatcher Red Dot;
Mount : None, but I'm using my Manfrotto 055 with 141RC Head. Thinking of getting either the Manfrotto 410 or the Orion slow motion adapter as per Gary's recommendation.
SkyWatcher Skymax 127mm Mak Cass
20mm PLOSSL
2x Barlow Lens
Gary

Re: Newbie Reporting...:)

Post by Gary »

Hi LancerCK.

Congrats on getting your telescope and welcome to Club MCT! :)

The humble Mak127 will humble a few telescopes costing about the same price for certain objects in the night sky under certain sky conditions. :)

If it's within your budget, the Manfrotto 410 is definitely a more hassle-free and more stable option than tripod + slo-mo adapter.

Looking forward to observing with you. Our Toa Payoh - Bishan sidewalk group have a few Mak127 owners and they will be glad to "poison" you with more ideas on how to get the max out of yours. Let me start by saying a binoviewer works great on a MCT! :P

Good luck and have fun exploring the Universe with your family and friends! Stargazing season 2013 is here! :)
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
antares2063
Favourite scope: Newtonians

Post by antares2063 »

Good chance to catch some triple planets in the evening and saturn at near zenith :)

(no wonder skies so cloudy today....hehe..)

regards
Junwei
I miss the place where stars shine bright, to gaze upwards in awe of the sight
depardeuz
Favourite scope: 60x 80mm Spotting Scope

Post by depardeuz »

I am so going to stick to my 5" newtonian for future tpy sidewalk.. [smilie=bye2.gif]
Seize the day!