A Humble Start

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
alanchua

A Humble Start

Post by alanchua »

Just want to share that I finally get myself a humble Vixen Apex Pro 8 X 42 binoculars. This is after reading on the "Star Ware" Books and researching on binoculars and telescope on the Internet.

With the new bino and a simple Star Chart, initially would like to drive to Bishan Park for some test but a heavy downpour cancel everything. What a good start.. Haha :)

The Vixen Apex Pro 8 X 42 have a nice feel and grip. It weight a good 705g that can be put into a normal backpack and carry comfortably.

Hope I can test the bino soon and post some finding.
Gary

Re: A Humble Start

Post by Gary »

alanchua wrote:Just want to share that I finally get myself a humble Vixen Apex Pro 8 X 42 binoculars. This is after reading on the "Star Ware" Books and researching on binoculars and telescope on the Internet.

With the new bino and a simple Star Chart, initially would like to drive to Bishan Park for some test but a heavy downpour cancel everything. What a good start.. Haha :)

The Vixen Apex Pro 8 X 42 have a nice feel and grip. It weight a good 705g that can be put into a normal backpack and carry comfortably.

Hope I can test the bino soon and post some finding.
Congrats and enjoy the fruits of your research for many years to come! Bornfree should get some commission for this? :) Regarding the rain, luckily you didnt delay your decision to buy and attempt first light this coming new moon weekend. :)

Equipment "debates" and comparative analysis can go on forever. So just go out and spend real stargazing time to observe as much you can with your binocular!

Read Turn Left at Orion and other good binocular observing books and have lots of fun!
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
alanchua

Post by alanchua »

Yes, Bornfree post on the Vixen Apex Pro does confirm my choice.

Bornfree, pardon me for not referencing your great post. Thanks. :)
bornfree
Favourite scope: Still searching for "The Eye"

Post by bornfree »

no worries, my pleasure. enjoy yourself with your new bino. come to some sidewalks with it, u can see a wider view of the different objects others are seeing, that will help u learn to locate those stars easier when u finally get a scope.
Born to be Free