M57, Albireo, and Moon

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
chianboon

M57, Albireo, and Moon

Post by chianboon »

After many rainy or cloudy nights, the weather had finally shows sign of improvement. Undecided if i should take my scope out knowing that it is approaching full moon, ultimately the urge won, in the worst scenario I will just enjoy viewing the moon's crater instead of wasting the night, me think.

Manage to locate M57 (ring nebula) in Lyra, but it is too wash out tonight, likely due to bad seeing and an almost full moon.

Decided to spend some time on Albireo (ß Cygnus), seeing the color on the double never failed to please me.

In less than 30mins, the moon is high enough to make viewing other subjects less satisfying. Moon's crater viewing for the next 30 mins kept me satisfied. Took a picture of the moon, since it is now taking all the limelights.

Picture is taken using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (afocal) on Nexstar 6se, mount is a Versago III.

Thinking back, this is the first astronomy photo ever since I got into this hobby over the last few months.

Just to share the excitement of a beginner in this wonderful hobby. All things considered, the decision to bring out the scope is still worth the effort.

antares2063
Favourite scope: Newtonians

Re: M57, Albireo, and Moon

Post by antares2063 »

the first view through a scope will always be the most cherished one . .:)
I miss the place where stars shine bright, to gaze upwards in awe of the sight
Sivakis
Favourite scope: Astrotech AT66ED APO

Post by Sivakis »

And serves as encouragement to want to learn more and take more!

If that's the first shot ever, then that's a great shot! For Moon shots, its very easy to overexpose parts of it.

Keep shooting! :)
chianboon

Post by chianboon »

Thanks for the encouragement, will keep trying though any DSO will be out of bound for me.