For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:42 pm
- Favourite scope: astromaster 130eq:p
Just wondering is it possible to polar align a scope in Singapore?
Have heard a little about drift alignment but my scope doesnt allow the declination to be below 20 degrees
- Posts: 805
- Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:51 pm
- Favourite scope: Sharpstar-107PH Triplet.
- Location: Jurong West
- Posts: 542
- Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:18 pm
- Favourite scope: Non as of now
- Location: Terra Firma
You will need to fabricate a wedge for the mount to allow it to go down to 0 degree.
Keep Calm and Carry on Observing.
- Posts: 275
- Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:52 pm
- Favourite scope: TAK-oyaki
- Location: Toa Payoh
For visual observation, there is no need for precise alignment. Just use a compass and roughly point north. You should be good to go.
Just a casual stargazer