Jack Horkheimer : Star Gazer Cartoons

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
chrisyeo

Jack Horkheimer : Star Gazer Cartoons

Post by chrisyeo »

Here are a series of cartoons from JackStargazer.com that tell you more about the night sky: http://www.jackstargazer.com/Cartoons.html

There're really fun to read and you do learn lots of things. They also feature a weekly video and radio broadcast. Enjoy!

[right]http://www.jackstargazer.com/cartoonMar06.jpg[/right]
klutz

Post by klutz »

This will interest kids even more :)

Thanks!
You know dat children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers...
rlow

Post by rlow »

very good information! :)
Lily

Post by Lily »

Thanks, that's helpful.

My children insist in watching Jupiter almost every night. I am thinking of buying a bino to have a closer look.... but I think better wait until I see others' equipment at this coming star party. Really looking forward to this gathering.

Lily
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Thanks, that's helpful.

My children insist in watching Jupiter almost every night. I am thinking of buying a bino to have a closer look.... but I think better wait until I see others' equipment at this coming star party. Really looking forward to this gathering.

Lily
Hi Lily,

You'll need pretty high magnifications (starting from 80x) to really see jupiter. With bino (7x to 10x magnification), you can't really see the planet's disk. Yes, go to one of our gatherings first before buying anything.

cheers,
Arief
aquillae

Post by aquillae »

Thanks for sharing it, I've been Jack's fan since the first time i saw his TV program :)
jeff
astro-cubicle :: www.astrojeff.com