A Personal Introduction to Singastro

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
simei-sky
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:45 pm
Location: Simei
Contact:

Post by simei-sky » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:53 pm

And it is still going strong...May it live for another 120 years!!! as the saying goes

User avatar
rlow
Posts: 2330
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:36 pm
Location: Jurong

Post by rlow » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:18 pm

Very interesting history! Its good that this astro community is going on strong!
Cover was recently blown by very Vigilant News Reporter, Mr "A".
and always buying and selling telescopes.
Are these two quotes refering to the same person? :lol:

User avatar
ariefm71
Posts: 2304
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:15 pm
Location: bedok

Post by ariefm71 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:56 pm

Are these two quotes refering to the same person?
Yes, Mr. "ACC"

User avatar
acc
Administrator
Posts: 2530
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:15 pm
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:07 pm

Eh.... I wasn't the one who broke the cover on Vin's scope wor... As for the buying and selling of telescopes, yes, I am guilty as charged! :) But do count airconvent and vinsnr as my fellow comrades heheh :)
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!

User avatar
acc
Administrator
Posts: 2530
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:15 pm
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:09 pm

azri wrote:So that's how it all started... I guess you can add Brunei to your growing international component... or were there Bruneians here before? :)
Hi Azri! Welcome to Singastro. I do believe you are the first Bruneian here! Hope to see you in one of our events in Singapore one day.
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!

User avatar
kingkong
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:33 pm
Location: Borneo

Post by kingkong » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:29 pm

acc wrote: Hi Azri! Welcome to Singastro. I do believe you are the first Bruneian here! Hope to see you in one of our events in Singapore one day.
ya azri, let we both go join their mersing trip next time.... fly myy-jb airasia... hang on... may be we have pretty good dark sky sites nearer here ... but the haze this couple of weeks very bad lah.... and where i'm, the sunsets are very good that normally means humidity high, seeing not very good and cloud cover average quite high... i think same for seria side. don't know about bsb, but kk side clear sky average very good.

User avatar
rlow
Posts: 2330
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:36 pm
Location: Jurong

Post by rlow » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:10 pm

Quote:Cover was recently blown by very Vigilant News Reporter, Mr "A".



Quote:and always buying and selling telescopes.


Are these two quotes refering to the same person?
Another strong candidate: someone who just bought his 5th (or 6th?) C8 (hint:orange) !!! :lol:

User avatar
mrngbss
Posts: 900
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Bishan
Contact:

Post by mrngbss » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:54 pm

Interesting account of Singastro. Amazing what passion can do to small startups and the influence it can rub on others! Learnt a great deal and (bought a great deal) too! :D :D :P :P
Wee Nghee the Pooh

azri
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:59 pm

Post by azri » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:02 am

kingkong wrote:
acc wrote: Hi Azri! Welcome to Singastro. I do believe you are the first Bruneian here! Hope to see you in one of our events in Singapore one day.
ya azri, let we both go join their mersing trip next time.... fly myy-jb airasia... hang on... may be we have pretty good dark sky sites nearer here ... but the haze this couple of weeks very bad lah.... and where i'm, the sunsets are very good that normally means humidity high, seeing not very good and cloud cover average quite high... i think same for seria side. don't know about bsb, but kk side clear sky average very good.
Thank you ACC... *waves all the way to Singapore* :)

Heheh... sounds tempting kingkong! When the skies are clear with time and energy permitting, I drive 40 km away from BSB to dark skies. It's not bad! Maybe in the future we'll have a small get together for us in Borneo :)
Last edited by azri on Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Airconvent
Super Moderator
Posts: 5596
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:49 pm
Location: United Federation of the Planets

Post by Airconvent » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:08 am

Welcome to Singastro Azri! and yes, I think you are officially the first Bruneian here! :D
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets

Post Reply