Astrobargains Store

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

Yup astronomy needs real patience and some people use 'grab and go' scopes only because it takes the least setup and tear down time :P :P

Also, with Singapore's fickle weather, you will need to be quick in setting up your scope and always alert for a moment of good weather. Also, check the Nowcast (3h update) on the internet for the forecast of the weather. If not, most of the time you won't even get a chance to observe as the clouds will roll in by then. My scope takes about 15 to 20 min to setup depending on what configuration I use and this is considered quite long but good enough if the weather remains clear for 2h. There were a few times that after I setup everything, the clouds just covered the whole sky and it was wasted effort. Not all observing sessions is fruitful and in fact quite a high percentage is a waste of time. :P

I guess you will learn on the way of cultivating this good value. :) Hope you won't give up halfway though.
AstroDuck
alvinsclee

Post by alvinsclee »

OT but some relevance about patience (a virtue much needed in astronomy)...

I love this comment by renown Asian actor Chow Yun-Fat (quote taken from i-Weekly, Number 480, 11 Jan 2007, page 104)...

“我喜欢拍风景,大自然不迁就人,人要学习等待。”
懂得尊重和欣赏大自然的周润发

Translation:
"I like to take photographs of natural scenes/landscapes, Nature will not accommodate anyone, we must learn to wait patiently."
Chow Yun-Fat, who respects and admires Nature.

:)
simranjits

Post by simranjits »

Does anyone know usually which months we have good weather?
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Hi all,

Let's try to keep to topic on this thread, thanks!

Clear skies,
Chris
alvinsclee

Post by alvinsclee »

Hmmm... perhaps it would be good to close this thread as the thread has served its purpose... plenty of advice were given from well-meaning fellow forummers... and thread-starter had already received reply from the vendor concerned.
astrobargains
Vendor

Post by astrobargains »

Hi everyone,

Firstly, on behalf of Astro Bargains, my apologies to Simran and other customers for taking too long to reply. I do agree it isn't acceptable and will strive to improve response times.

Secondly, thanks to all customers for their positive support and understanding, and for those who give feedback so that we can improve our business. It is still currently a home-based business, but hopefully someday, with enough support, we can become a retail store.

Lastly, I do apologise for the website as it is getting quite outdated. We are actually looking at revamping the website as the webserver is shutting down and we need to find a new home for it. We expect the transition to be done by end Feb 07. Till then, most prices and items are still valid, and we are continuously bringing in new items that should be of interest. Do send an email for quotes and other needs.

Best regards !
Astro Bargains
See More for Less !!
http://www.astrobargains.com
sales@astrobargains.com
rlow

Post by rlow »

Hi Joo Beng, good to see that you are back! Do you still have stock for Quikfinder? We need one for an upcoming project.
Richard Low
jermng

Post by jermng »

Quickfinder? Is that an RDF? I'm also looking for one .. :)
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Orion SVP Intelliscope, AstroSlew I
Minolta Activa 12x50WA