Hi all. I am Zhi Kai.

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
zackae

Hi all. I am Zhi Kai.

Post by zackae »

Hi my name is Zhi Kai and my nick is actually how my initials sound like. I didn't really introduce myself outside the Tampines Swimming Complex tonight. I'm actually 16 this year in St.Hilda's secondary.

A little brief explanation of myself is that I have liked outer space ever since i was a child and have building myself on the theory side of space before actually going into looking at it.

I had a great time tonight being able to see Jupiter with my own 2 eyes tonight with Wei Xing, Vincent and some of the others. Wei xing even introduced me to some clusters that i thought i would have never get a chance to see. Others in the group treated me really well and explained most of the questions i asked them and therefore Thankyou.

Deep space objects really interest me and planets astound me. I hope that there will be more chances to go observing with other astronomers at night, earn more experience and learn more about what I have been living under. I would try my best to stay in this hobby and not deviate to others. Just looking at objects in space and how they look like was a dream come true to me.

-Zhi kai :o
Sam Lee

Post by Sam Lee »

Hi ZK,

Good to hear that you are attracted to the hobby as well. Hope you had a fun time with WX and rest in the tampines 'channel' .
There will be plenty more chances for observation around SG . Just keep a lookout in the Events / Observation section.

In the meantime , grab a nice book on identifying constellations for a start. The regulars would be able to show you the various constellations in the sky.

And there's always a standard friday observatory session in Science center for anyone eager to look at 16inch scopes !

Regards,
Sam
We are the Borg, Resistance is Futile!
zackae

Post by zackae »

Thanks for the info Sam, really appreciate it. I'll put an effort in learning more about the constellations and what they actually contain.
Tachyon

Re: Hi all. I am Zhi Kai.

Post by Tachyon »

zackae wrote:I would try my best to stay in this hobby and not deviate to others.
Hi ZK and welcome! Anyway, don't be so serious about this hobby. Like other hobbies, you are free to move in and out whenever your interest, time and resources (that means money!) allow! This is not a religion so you don't have to be faithful for us to welcome you. You can join us anytime!

Cheers!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
jennifer1611991

Post by jennifer1611991 »

Welcome to Singastro Zhi kai:) I'm a beginner in astronomy as well and am fascinated by the heavens! I guess i'll see ya at the observation sessions :)
Meng Lee

Post by Meng Lee »

Hi,

If you are interested in the theory side of astronomy and space, next time come to NUS, I will be very willing to show you the full Einstein's Equations. :D
zackae

Post by zackae »

Haha hi jenifer and Meng Lee will try to go into NUS. Einstein's theories really test out the mental depth of a person's intellect and I would glady try that out. Maybe I'll attend many more observation sessions after my 'O's those are like huge right now.
Meng Lee

Post by Meng Lee »

Actually Einstein's theory is conceptually simple, it's the mathematical skills. So make sure do well in your Physics and A maths.
zackae

Post by zackae »

Haha will do.