hihi beginner here

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
coffeeboi619

hihi beginner here

Post by coffeeboi619 »

Okay i live at telok blangah area and in on a top floor. Just now i peer through my window with my 10 x 50 binos and i saw star. I checked it with 1 of my app in my iphone and it said it was gienah. I could make out the line that was formed by gienah and a star bottom right of it. But then as i moved my binoculars to the left, something very dazzling attracted me. I checked with my phone and it identified it as M29. now im confused whether what i saw was m29 or the sadr star i saw..Thx thx
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

Hi coffeeboi619, welcome to Singastro, it is very different to advice based on what you mentioned above, why not you join us in the obs event this week, see the other post.
coffeeboi619

Post by coffeeboi619 »

Clifford60 wrote:Hi coffeeboi619, welcome to Singastro, it is very different to advice based on what you mentioned above, why not you join us in the obs event this week, see the other post.
yeah i saw.but i see the diff obs details they mention something bout sidewalk? what's that actually?
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

Sidewalk is a term we called for the ob be opened to public instead of just astro members.
coffeeboi619

Post by coffeeboi619 »

o okay thx : D
Lawrencely

Post by Lawrencely »

hello, i also a new member.
a laser pointer is good thing for enjoyment, and high power green laser pointer can be used in astronomy.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Welcome to SingAstro!

Do come to join us on this Saturday, 18 Sep 2010 at Bedok Reservoir Park: http://www.singastro.org/viewtopic.php?t=8685

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

yup..welcome to Singastro and do join in !
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

Hi all,

i am also beginner. just join the family here. got a 4.5 EQ newtonian reflector but dont know how to use...

if time permits, i will be at bedok reservoir tis sat. By then hope the seniors here can coach me how to use...tks..
Gary

Post by Gary »

Hi Stargazer. Welcome to Singastro. In the meantime, you can read the manual and FAQ section here:

Manual --> http://content.telescope.com/rsc/img/ca ... /29260.pdf

Click on the FAQ tab here --> http://www.telescope.com/control/produc ... 676e8614b2