New comer!

For people new to astronomy who want to ask those questions that they were afraid to ask. Receive helpful answers here.
moonlite_forest

New comer!

Post by moonlite_forest »

Hi! I'm new here! I have not much knowledge in star gazing and astronomy but I have a lot of interest in it and I hope to learn more about it here! :) I have no expensive scopes although I hope to get one when I can, but I've saw a couple of shooting stars with my naked eye when I was in Langkawi. :)

I am from Tampines, btw. So I might show up at some star gazing sessions near here some time.. :)

Nice knowing all of you! Cheers!
Gary

Post by Gary »

Hi Moonlite. Welcome to Singastro. In addition to reading up in this forum, you can also borrow telescope and stargazing books and magazines from your local library (section 520).

You don't need a very expensive scope to enjoy this hobby. Have fun joining us in future observations.
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

Welcome to Singastro, Moonlite.

Just like Gary mentioned, join us for future ob (especially Weixing obs session in Tampines) and enjoy. Equipment can come later, much later.
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

Hi Moonlite ... nice to have you at the Singastro Forum.

Hi Weixing... BTW... may be its time to have a Bedok Reservoir Astro Night event again. 2 nights back at Changi Coast Road, i saw a very nice Scorpion tail, and even a nice fussy ball of the Omega Centauri with bare eyes at the south sky. Southern Cross was very sharp. The night sky was filled with stars.
shirox
Favourite scope: Takahashi FSQ85EDX

Post by shirox »

Welcome to the club and have fun exploring the millions and millions and millions lol
http://eltonastronomy.blogspot.com/

Mersing finally installed some water sink!
moonlite_forest

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)
timatworksg

Post by timatworksg »

Welcome moonlite! It's always a learning process for everyone and the best part about it is the Fun!

I stay in Pasir Ris and not too far from the Tampines end. PM if you have queries or wanna meet up Astro wise. I'll be glad to help! Yes, weixing has Obs at a field in Tampines or we could await the next Bedok Reservoir session! Sometimes Remus does one at Eunos. I saw a nice field along Upper Changi near the Expo which is nice and dark. May wanna check it out some day before some development starts!

So once again...welcome to the club!
My wife never complained about how much time, effort & money I spent on my Astronomy hobby!................suddenly I met her!!!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

welcome to Singastro...
Now Weixing will have more company! haha.
If you drive, he will be your best friend too. [smilie=crying2.gif]
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
moonlite_forest

LOL! I can drive and I have a licence, but it only works in Malaysia. :P Hahaha! I'm a Malaysian, currently studying here.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Welcome to SingAstro!!

Had not been observing for quite sometime... mainly due to weather on Friday/Saturday night was not good and also getting more lazy... :P

Anyway, hope that this Friday(depend on work also) or Saturday night weather will have good weather, so can do some obbing.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen: